Putting some feelers out

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am not opposed to gifting a few pups to mates or folk I hunt with but fcuk giving pups away to random strangers on here just for a pat on the back or a few likes! I dont care that I am not a real

i get that are folk frightend to say they sold a pup   fk giving them away ,do folk think it costs nothing to rear a litter  /. i dont breed  , but if i did im fkd if id give them away ,  

Like mc hull said, the travelling restrictions have affected lads who travel to get their running done quite badly this past season with fines, been turned around etc. Here is to a better 21/22 season

Posted Images

1 hour ago, lurchers said:

That’s because a lot of people haven’t tried one or owned one mate.The ones I bred in 2000/01 when the foot and mouth was on the go the 5 that went to working homes impressed them and 4 live a long working life.There was a lad on here got one off me but I was at work when he picked his pup up and about 5yrs ago when we were on about this cross then,he came on and said when he realised it was one I bred that he would have another one tomorrow as it done everything he asked of it.But a lot on here listen to hearsay as they have never seen or had one to know what they can do.And like you said were is all these gifted pups people offer on here but I would probably say advertised on pets4homes.

Your right mate ive never tryed that cross I love deerhounds crosses an all the traditional bred stuff but personally my self I’d worry to much about there out an out speed or weak feet lack of energy in the tank not being able to take a nock or two or not having any bottle with longdogs it was only my opinion for my self saying I’d worry to much an it would be just my luck I’d get all ive distributed in one hit. you hear all the misfortunes on here and off of here about deerhounds an there crosses from people that’s had them an why there not have another. ?about the Pets4Homes ??

1 hour ago, joe ox said:

Why should lads give pups away to someone they dont know? 

We’re on the same page jo??I think it’s a bit of a fairy tale on here at times we’re people think we are all a bunch on merry men/women that know each other an want to be seen saying the right thing that sounds like we real dog people most of us on here don’t know one another on a personal level an some wouldn’t piss on others if they were on fire lol 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lurchers said:

That’s because a lot of people haven’t tried one or owned one mate.The ones I bred in 2000/01 when the foot and mouth was on the go the 5 that went to working homes impressed them and 4 live a long working life.There was a lad on here got one off me but I was at work when he picked his pup up and about 5yrs ago when we were on about this cross then,he came on and said when he realised it was one I bred that he would have another one tomorrow as it done everything he asked of it.But a lot on here listen to hearsay as they have never seen or had one to know what they can do.And like you said were is all these gifted pups people offer on here but I would probably say advertised on pets4homes.

Can remember foot and mouth wheel dips on farms signs all over chains with foot and mouth signs at gateways we just thought f**k it no cows or sheep on the arable lol no one grassed you or police turn up with fines like now with COVID lol 

thinking about it now not young few a them bambi could a had it ? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Folk on here also claim to graft there dogs ?

Loads of shitters on here all summer given it the big man speeches about working dogs x amount of times a week being out being real graft on there vast permissions that are loaded with gear peoples standards are low bla bla bla then come autumn they stop there real dog man speeches an won’t have any involvement in them kind of post on here not even a picture of there dog looking all fit an sexy it’s comical tbh but there still on here chatting poo poo through out thl.  Covid as been the best excuse I’ve heard this year why people ain’t been out much with there dogs it’s almost cringe tbh especially when they been on about there permissions.law still states you can visit permissions it’s a place of work payed or unpaid and freelance it was never legal your trespassing anyway so what’s the worry ??‍♂️
hypocritical place on here katch??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 17/03/2021 at 08:17, lurchers said:

Deerhound greyhound x whippet pups due the 23rd of this month if any good for ya

Long dogs might not be the perfect all round lurcher but if your into watching running dogs do their thing I couldn't think of a better cross. Also good natured dogs to have around when at home.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, poxon said:

Your right mate ive never tryed that cross I love deerhounds crosses an all the traditional bred stuff but personally my self I’d worry to much about there out an out speed or weak feet lack of energy in the tank not being able to take a nock or two or not having any bottle with longdogs it was only my opinion for my self saying I’d worry to much an it would be just my luck I’d get all ive distributed in one hit. you hear all the misfortunes on here and off of here about deerhounds an there crosses from people that’s had them an why there not have another. ?about the Pets4Homes ??

I see where ya coming from mate,the ones I’ve seen were always bred right from good coursing Deerhounds’s and had good tight feet,yeh some would take a knock but the ones that got to injured where the ones that was going to hard on their prey.It’s one of the horses for courses type of thing.I’ve never been a bull or saluki man but I do and have had some good beddyxs which would be another thing that could be worth mixing into the deerhound xs.I’ve only ever seen one of them and he was a strong powerful looking dog and the lad who owned him said he was doing alsorts.

• Like 1

Am not opposed to gifting a few pups to mates or folk I hunt with but fcuk giving pups away to random strangers on here just for a pat on the back or a few likes!

I dont care that I am not a real  THL dog man ?

• Like 8
  • Haha 5
11 hours ago, poxon said:

I was allways of the opinion that deerhound added good feet to the deer/grey cross ?

ive never had any trouble with feet problems on the few I've had.

My old first cross bitch is 12 years old, has ten seasons under her belt, ran every where from the grass paddocks of Ireland to the frozen scree of the Cairngorms and never had a foot problem.

She tore open a hock running bolted rabbits on the Scottish hills, but no other feet problems.

just took these pics of her feet right now, and they're still looking ok;

IMG_1469.JPG.37b53369cc47e679e23a1481ab913bba.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG.913d9226988dc455c8a3ff15a2cd26f0.JPG

I know Deerhounds and their crosses aren't everyone's cup of tea, and of course there are more suitable crosses for certain jobs, but I'd have another if I could get the right breeding ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 7

There's a litter of pups in essex out of a first x deerhound/greyhound and a 3/4 non ped whippet 1/4 bull out of blackstaffs stuff and bigland line whippets but as far as I know the fella owns the bitch is looking 600 a pup 

IMG-20210223-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210223-WA0004.jpg

46 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Am not opposed to gifting a few pups to mates or folk I hunt with but fcuk giving pups away to random strangers on here just for a pat on the back or a few likes!

I dont care that I am not a real  THL dog man ?

:thumbs:i get that are folk frightend to say they sold a pup   fk giving them away ,do folk think it costs nothing to rear a litter  /. i dont breed  , but if i did im fkd if id give them away ,

• Like 10
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I was allways of the opinion that deerhound added good feet to the deer/grey cross ?

My old first cross bitch is 12 years old, has ten seasons under her belt, ran every where from the grass paddocks of Ireland to the frozen scree of the Cairngorms and never had a foot problem.

She tore open a hock running bolted rabbits on the Scottish hills, but no other feet problems.

I know Deerhounds and their crosses aren't everyone's cup of tea, and of course there are more suitable crosses for certain jobs, but I'd have another if I could get the right breeding ?

Cheers.

Nice tight  feet chart by your pics you’ve owned a good few different types in your time mate do you think tight  feet really make a difference running wise ??  

58 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Who knows chart like I said I’d be worried about owning a long dog of the cross tbh I’d rather wager my odds on a Lurcher of being what I’d want an more useful to me. Both my dogs ive got now containe deerhound in there make up so I wouldn’t say I’m anti deerhound as I’m not just would want to wager my odds on modern bred  stuff 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, riohog said:

:thumbs:i get that are folk frightend to say they sold a pup   fk giving them away ,do folk think it costs nothing to rear a litter  /. i dont breed  , but if i did im fkd if id give them away ,

Exactly mate if lads didn’t get called there wouldn’t be as many saying why’s this line died out were a these crosses lol

• Like 1