• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was fresh out of school and full of the knowledge of dozens of gamekeeping books I was obsessed with trapping vermin. Lamping was happening but not with the scale it is today and obviously ther

Place the trap in front of a computer screen with a live feed to this site. After 10 minuets  of reading it will kill itself ........

These 2 av back filled a couple tunnels an talpex the last week, cleared 35 moles off one big 16 acre field an most come within first visit or 2, had enough after a couple back fills an stuck couple p

Posted Images

Just now, EDDIE B said:

God no lad. Just used a few bits i had in the shed. I will try find a video on doing them. 

I got access to a lathe like, gonna have a word with our diy man tomorrow an see what he can sort for me, hopefully be no probs using it, I wanna give it a try, wanna make some little snapper mouse traps an a tombstone 😳😂

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I got access to a lathe like, gonna have a word with our diy man tomorrow an see what he can sort for me, hopefully be no probs using it, I wanna give it a try, wanna make some little snapper mouse traps an a tombstone 😳😂

A sure your laughing so👍

This is the type of thing I made up just for a bit of Craig messin about with stuff. Lots of good stuff on youtube

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mate I’m only laughing cos I thought I was only one mad enough to try make em, I’m not even good at diy, shit at making things an usually break what ever I am using, but these wee traps have got me hooked, an as soon as I googled the springs to see about making a mouse trap I saw a vid of a guy making them an thought, I want a go, I’m not gonna make loads or even make me own traps after first few, I just wanna see an know how it’s done from the ground up sort of thing, an then wee torsion springs seem to be able to do a lot, so might be worth seeing if I can do it 😁 my hats off to you for already doing it an any tips won’t go amiss 👍

• Like 1

I was thinking about this, last night. Only thing that troubles me ~ now ~ is; How the hell will you fit the upright to the base? It's gonna be under considerable pressure, isn't it? Wouldn't it need some sort of jointing in?

Sorry; I no longer have a Pennsylvania to look at, for reference. Don't remember how they were put together either.

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I was thinking about this, last night. Only thing that troubles me ~ now ~ is; How the hell will you fit the upright to the base? It's gonna be under considerable pressure, isn't it? Wouldn't it need some sort of jointing in?

Sorry; I no longer have a Pennsylvania to look at, for reference. Don't remember how they were put together either.

Not sure either, but I recon that wire that the kill bar hooks into, which comes from the spring housing at the back of the trap, might be taking most of the preasure.

• Like 2

luckorJudgement, where does one get those wax bait blocks. I was thinking of just a chunk of chocolate but they look the business. Incidentally I just got my delivery of 4 black cats and I’m impressed. Jok.

On 31/03/2021 at 00:37, Steak knife said:

Staffy what’s that bait your using in them Bc’s ?
Hard to see in pic

Cheers

Mainly apple slices  bit of wild bird food in tray. i have got to say have had some super neophobic/crafty rats recently in fts which have ignored traps and in some cases rodenticide had to resort to Racumin contact foam to  win the day. Outside of building traps working well indoors mixed results 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve had a little rat issue in my garden I laid some screw fix flat traps and the bait was being eaten I felt like I was providing a running buffet as the trap wasn’t being triggered, I had a shot at it with my air rifle and I’m 80% sure I hit it but it jumped about a foot in the air and scarpered so I don’t know if I hit it and it died else where.

So I’ve got myself a black cat and put a bit of apple under the trigger surrounded it with crushed shreddies and sprinkled a bit of honey over it and set it in this flower pot, what do you reckon have I gone about it the right way or is this rat just thinking f**k I’m dining out tonight 😂😂

4B626D17-4E8F-445E-B86D-A782ED69270E.jpeg.bad3212147dd09d8cde4775bc87a9b13.jpeg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve had a little rat issue in my garden I laid some screw fix flat traps and the bait was being eaten I felt like I was providing a running buffet as the trap wasn’t being triggered, I had a shot at it with my air rifle and I’m 80% sure I hit it but it jumped about a foot in the air and scarpered so I don’t know if I hit it and it died else where.

So I’ve got myself a black cat and put a bit of apple under the trigger surrounded it with crushed shreddies and sprinkled a bit of honey over it and set it in this flower pot, what do you reckon have I gone about it the right way or is this rat just thinking f**k I’m dining out tonight 😂😂

4B626D17-4E8F-445E-B86D-A782ED69270E.jpeg.bad3212147dd09d8cde4775bc87a9b13.jpeg

Fck the rat that will do for my breakfast 😂

• Haha 2

You’ll catch in that, if you put a lid on it make a wee hole in lid an stick a cable tie on kill bar so when it’s raised the tie sticks out lid of flower pot, if it goes off you won’t see tie sticking out an will be able to see from a distance of it’s been set off, you might not need it there if you can see from other end a garden but I use the ties on traps I use on tips an stuff so I can spot it without walking right up to them 😁 works with most traps aswell it’s one best ideas iv stole off net 😂

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

You’ll catch in that, if you put a lid on it make a wee hole in lid an stick a cable tie on kill bar so when it’s raised the tie sticks out lid of flower pot, if it goes off you won’t see tie sticking out an will be able to see from a distance of it’s been set off, you might not need it there if you can see from other end a garden but I use the ties on traps I use on tips an stuff so I can spot it without walking right up to them 😁 works with most traps aswell it’s one best ideas iv stole off net 😂

Good little tip mate I’ll give it’s go, I can’t believe how powerful they are you wouldn’t want an accident with one. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Good little tip mate I’ll give it’s go, I can’t believe how powerful they are you wouldn’t want an accident with one. 

Aye I’m yet to witness one hit a rat, but I have been there minutes after somebody told me they heard it fire an it was stone dead an a decent sized rat caught fair an square 

• Like 1

Oh well that took a couple of days definitely wasn’t the one I see this one is much smaller I reckon I done the first one with my rifle all set again let’s see what happens much better trap than the flat ones.

F6BF0E09-328C-4170-B28D-A2D288C31C78.jpeg.88f033663a816cb15ffb632157ac5163.jpeg

• Like 2