Swan predation ??

14 minutes ago, Ratmanwan3 said:

I had a job a couple of years ago where the owner of a lake had seen two mink attack and kiil a swan. 

I would say mink or an otter to do the killing and drag it to the bank to eat,  then maybe a badger or fox scavenging the rest ?

Never knew mink hunted in pairs or groups, nice one?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mink? 

Sorry, not a swan.., or an otter.., or a mink. My favourite UK mammal though. I never get tired of watching stoats. Found this on the tube and thought I’d share it.  

One of my lurchers has a thing for swans and would take one given half the chance, shes pulled a few up from the edge, ive her broke to them now but i can still see it in her that she still wants them

Posted Images

Ive not read the whole thread but I’ve seen an otter attack a swan. It was only due to my brother jumping around like a twat that it let the swan go and swam off. 

1 minute ago, pesky1972 said:

Sorry, not a swan.., or an otter.., or a mink. My favourite UK mammal though. I never get tired of watching stoats. Found this on the tube and thought I’d share it.

Love the mini predators like stoats and weasels, have a lot of wild polecats about as well, but I think they may have been quietly introduced like the otters were, I once watched a stoat track a rabbit across a meadow and disappear into a bramble patch but within a minute the stoat came flying out with the rabbit in hot pursuit, I assumed it must have had young as I couldn’t think of anything else that would make a rabbit turn tough ?

1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

I ran up on a stoat fighting a magpie when I was a kid and frightened them off i always wished i could of got to watch the outcome