Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seven weeks old, first cross Deerhound / Greyhound; Cheers.  

Wheaton bull grey x deer grey, fast strong, can't fault her. 

Thought I'd jump back on this thread and chuck a couple pics up of tara 

Posted Images

On 16/03/2021 at 12:01, poxon said:

I think a beddy greyhound x deerhound greyhound would be a nice cross to try at some point something around 25tts would do me lovely ive only ever seen one beddy deerhound greyhound mix dog it was a foxer great dog wasn’t as large as you would expect from the cross but a handy dog with a good personality I’d like to breed my beddy collie x bitch in about 3yrs time by then she’ll be about 5 I’m thinking something on the lines of a straight greyhound or a deerhound greyhound as my bitch is a cobby thick set type 

This dog was that cross - he was cracking on deer and hare. Being 27tts he made deer look easy but he was a coward where teeth came into it. 

IMG_20210408_224650.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
10 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

This dog was that cross - he was cracking on deer and hare. Being 27tts he made deer look easy but he was a coward where teeth came into it. 

IMG_20210408_224650.jpg

What beddy collie or predominantly collie nice looking dog looks very collie bred in appearance 

Link to post
10 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

This dog was that cross - he was cracking on deer and hare. Being 27tts he made deer look easy but he was a coward where teeth came into it. 

IMG_20210408_224650.jpg

That’s the bitch I’m on about I bred her dam that was line bred collie greyhound deerhound greyhound whippet greyhound x to a f1 bedlington greyhound the sire to this bitch was a similar bred Jackie drakeford bred bitch to a f1 bedlington greyhound dog it’s a right hotch potch breeding in her but works well enough for me the whole litter seems to be pretty decent an usable it’s her first season this year id say she’s the best dog I’ve had out the last 3 dogs I’ve had an probably the best season I’ve had in the last 5-6seasons I’m content with her hope she carries on as she’s done for me this season she’s a really good attitude she wants on everything she doesn’t act like a bitch she acts more like a dog with bollox she has the same stamp as her dam an mannerisms she no world beater by any means But honest enough for what I need  so I’d like to lock in an line breed to this type because it suits me to the ground I’m thinking greyhound as it’d be the easiest way but also like deerhound greyhound I like all the old school breeding 

7C76FDDE-404F-4863-B6AA-8001A8014DE6.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
19 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Why dont you use something related to the bitch

Because there’s so much stuff in there it’ll throw all sorts it’s been years of Lurcher to lurcher breeding its made up of bits an batts if I go to a greyhound or deerhound greyhound I can iron out an polish up a bit  i roughly known what I’m going to get an what I’d like now i got the type/stamp sorted I’m basically wanting to use my bitch as a base blood to start a line/type to keep for my self if I breed down the road an keep a bitch it’ll go to this bitches brother if I keep a dog out my bitch it’ll go back to its mother but also keeping a eye on my bitches litter mates to see what there bred to for future as there all be 50% related 👍🏽

  • Like 1
Link to post
9 minutes ago, poxon said:

Because there’s so much stuff in there it’ll throw all sorts it’s been years of Lurcher to lurcher breeding its made up of bits an batts if I go to a greyhound or deerhound greyhound I can iron out an polish up a bit  i roughly known what I’m going to get an what I’d like now i got the type/stamp sorted I’m basically wanting to use my bitch as a base blood to start a line/type to keep for my self if I breed down the road an keep a bitch it’ll go to this bitches brother if I keep a dog out my bitch it’ll go back to its mother but also keeping a eye on my bitches litter mates to see what there bred to for future as there all be 50% related 👍🏽

Im in a similar boat with the bitch i have. She's a good bitch and suits me and how i like to work and im looking at her half brother to put back to her, granted it will be breeding more of the deerhound out but still keeping a type as her half brother is Wheaton bull grey but it will still give me the type of dog i want. Big strong hairy animals with plenty guts about them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, poxon said:

That’s the bitch I’m on about I bred her dam that was line bred collie greyhound deerhound greyhound whippet greyhound x to a f1 bedlington greyhound the sire to this bitch was a similar bred Jackie drakeford bred bitch to a f1 bedlington greyhound dog it’s a right hotch potch breeding in her but works well enough for me the whole litter seems to be pretty decent an usable it’s her first season this year id say she’s the best dog I’ve had out the last 3 dogs I’ve had an probably the best season I’ve had in the last 5-6seasons I’m content with her hope she carries on as she’s done for me this season she’s a really good attitude she wants on everything she doesn’t act like a bitch she acts more like a dog with bollox she has the same stamp as her dam an mannerisms she no world beater by any means But honest enough for what I need  so I’d like to lock in an line breed to this type because it suits me to the ground I’m thinking greyhound as it’d be the easiest way but also like deerhound greyhound I like all the old school breeding 

7C76FDDE-404F-4863-B6AA-8001A8014DE6.jpeg

Cracking stamp mate 

Link to post
12 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Pics don't show him properly, he was broken coated and almost a brindle.  Very fast dog, shame he had no bottle 

Shame mate we all been there with cowards that’s how it is sometimes 

Link to post

This young dog hit a roe as if he was running through a wall as it was his 1st one,collapsed on the floor screening the roe fell to the floor and when we skinned it there was 4 broken ribs snapped it’s shoulder and the dog was badly bruised.It took him a few months to recover but he was half hearted at taking another one.

2CA0B92E-10AD-4F11-B71D-5C4DA47DAB93.png

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Deerhound Lurchers Lady
      Just got this stunning little bitch, nearly 12 months old, Deerhound x Bedie grey.
      I used to go out with my dad's Lurchers when I was a kid but I'm a female in my 30's now and struggling to get back into the swing of things.
      I'd love to have this girl knocking down bunnies but I just don't know where to start, I've barely seen a rabbit or and other quarry since I moved here.
      Any of you experts in my area fancy giving me some advice/practical experience (hunting related only) 

    • By dytkos
      Some of you may remember back in March 21 I had my bitch spayed and a lump removed from her teats.
      Another lump has formed and after having a biopsy the result is that it's deffo cancer. 😢 
      Vet says we're looking at about a grand to treat/remove it with no guarantee of success.
      She will be 12 in about 6 weeks.
      I'm monitoring the size and if it's growing quickly it's gonna be a PTS scenario but I'm of the mind to see how she goes over the summer and let her get some sun on her back and then PTS, obviously if she's feeling it I'll do the deed sooner.
      f***ing dogs eh?
      Cheers, D.
       
       

    • By Big Pow
      What do folk use for keeping their dogs at the height of cleanliness? 
      Mostly talking about ears here, the amount of gunk that seems to build up resulting in all night head shaking is phenomenal. 
      How cropped are you keeping nails? Best tooth and gum care?
      Seems not to be a topic but I know everybody is keeping their dogs in top condition
    • By hbb
      I’m looking for some advice as we recently rescued a whippet lurcher mix. She’s extremely friendly and sociable with dogs and people but is constantly biting and grabbing our older dogs legs, ears and neck. He’s s cavachon and doesn’t really care for playing or interacting with other dogs so he rarely snaps or growls at her when she starts. He’ll just stand there looking at us or try to run away. She’s never been aggressive towards him and regularly try’s to protect him if other dogs get rough with him. However she’s constantly biting at him when he starts barking or when’s she too excited. We separate her and tell her no but so far it’s not working and he’s doing little to tell her to stop. My worry is he’s much smaller then her and that she might accidentally hurt him if we weren’t there to stop it. Is this common Lurcher behaviour and any suggestions? Thanks 
    • By Kingofthelamp
      Well lads I’m just looking for some advice on my pup if anyone can help he was jumping against a wall and fell awkwardly on his back right leg there was a little squeal nothing much out of him but he has it held up since and is limping around he’s in good enough form he try’s to run around with other lurcher but I checked it and felt it out nothing is broken that I can tell but when I motion the leg and give it a stretch inwards and outward it hurts him?? 
       
      any opinions or advice be great lads👍👍

×
×
  • Create New...