I don’t believe in the worker to worker crap as it’s never guaranteed either as has been proven over the years to.Just like the terriers to I’ve proved umpteen time with border terrier you don’t need worker to worker and KC stuff does work.All of 41 years experience working dogs and seen these top notch bred ones produce crap as well as good.No difference in my eyes but each to there own.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A photo i took the other day of my Deerhound x Greyhound   atb

I never tire of putting this picture up; Cheers.  

Seven weeks old, first cross Deerhound / Greyhound; Cheers.  

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I don’t believe in the worker to worker crap as it’s never guaranteed either as has been proven over the years to.Just like the terriers to I’ve proved umpteen time with border terrier you don’t need worker to worker and KC stuff does work.All of 41 years experience working dogs and seen these top notch bred ones produce crap as well as good.No difference in my eyes but each to there own.

You are either not very fussy or you haven't seen working bred terriers do their thing, no comparison to pet/show stuff. The Russells I had could not be put in pet homes, even as 8 week olds.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

You are either not very fussy or you haven't seen working bred terriers do their thing, no comparison to pet/show stuff. The Russells I had could not be put in pet homes, even as 8 week olds.

I’ve seen and done plenty and I’m very fussy,hence why I don’t just believe in worker to worker but if that’s the case you tell me how I can get a KC border terrier from good type show stuff turn out to be hard at his job and only get 4 digs a year out of it.And this wasn’t bred from 2 workers and good around other dogs and live stock but knew his job.

19 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I’ve seen and done plenty and I’m very fussy,hence why I don’t just believe in worker to worker but if that’s the case you tell me how I can get a KC border terrier from good type show stuff turn out to be hard at his job and only get 4 digs a year out of it.And this wasn’t bred from 2 workers and good around other dogs and live stock but knew his job.

I got a kc border sent from England she was meant to of bitten someone, one of my old fellas mates got her.. Any fox over a 4ft dig was dead and she was the same 4 to 5 digs a year, lost her in a sand earth and her pup got a belt of a car few months later I had pur her to non kc border dog that was used for fox with a small pack of hounds same lads still digging to the bitch they took from litter 

37 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

I got a kc border sent from England she was meant to of bitten someone, one of my old fellas mates got her.. Any fox over a 4ft dig was dead and she was the same 4 to 5 digs a year, lost her in a sand earth and her pup got a belt of a car few months later I had pur her to non kc border dog that was used for fox with a small pack of hounds same lads still digging to the bitch they took from litter 

It pisses me off when people think it has to be worker to worker when it’s been proved it doesn’t have to be,that’s why I never listen to that kind of crap mate.Like I said been there and done it and seen it.

19 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I disagree lads there's definitely lines that produce great dogs your never going to get off a pet ? 

I dont dig but lads do 4 a day not a year good working terrier worth its wait mate 

I never said anything about great lines off pet dogs said I had a kc that worked and she was obviously on the hard side that's why she did t dig much as I would of liked was always broke up and she threw a decent pup off a worker bred and tbh most holes round here are dug all the time so a dog sitting back barking is gonna get pushed all over the place so sometimes I like to have a dog there that will do anything to keep them there and if that means in sick Bay for 6 weeks then so be it 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I disagree lads there's definitely lines that produce great dogs your never going to get off a pet ? 

I dont dig but lads do 4 a day not a year good working terrier worth its wait mate 

There’s nearly always that special one in a litter that make the grade from worker or pet in my eyes from either lurcher or terrier.But even from good lines I’ve seen the full litter not turn out as good or producing the goods.

Anyways I can't believe I got into this shit now ? I couldn't give a shit about kc or what aslong as I dig one hole I'm happy and I had one good border and she was kc that's it. Hope yer all enjoying this shit weather.. Atb

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Anyways I can't believe I got into this shit now ? I couldn't give a shit about kc or what aslong as I dig one hole I'm happy and I had one good border and she was kc that's it. Hope yer all enjoying this shit weather.. Atb

Ya not wrong mate 

On 23/04/2021 at 18:24, chartpolski said:

A pal of mine mated a deerhound with a lot of Doxhope blood to an Irish coursing greyhound, but she didn't take.

Hes done the mating again and hopefully, it looks like she's taken this time;

IMG_5227.JPG.3ea93e8fd570513a9de0ad09620a7677.JPG

IMG_5225.JPG.6c052da4a5b23a1713e27dec1ce60e95.JPG

With a bit of luck, I'll have a pup.

Cheers.

Are they working parents or just to make money like Hancock.

On 24/05/2021 at 18:01, Rudeboy 1 said:

The deerhound x greyhound longdog/hybrid  providing its been genuinely bred true true to type is a fantastic longdog that is equipped with all the necessary ingredients for the country field. Tom  burns from Scotland wrote a comprehensive article on me in the 1990s we became good friends much  in common with each other.Tom  bred a true line of longdog/ hybrid from the deerhound x greyhound longdog they were absolutely fantastic longdogs that were undoubtedly the most beautiful looking creatures one could possibly imagine.fast,weather coated, very intelligent, keen good working merchants.Tom bred undoubtedly the quality of the deerhound  x greyhound  and seemingly still does I've recalled...I must give him a ring sooner than later in order to get the latest information from the man himself.The longdog in question is a good honest keen ? lamping longdog....its wise intelligent head allows such a good hybrid to better most longdogs in the coursing and lamping field.With the intelligence and height inherited from its deerhound sire and the length and various colours and beautiful stances from its greyhound dam providing the are genuinely bred from the appropriate ? breeding ingredients are undoubtedly at the top of the longdog league that I choose to satisfy my chosen ? comments on this hybrid. The ability to spin a hare on a wrench is relatively good for this giant of  running longdog hybrid. Its very deep chest allows a lot of heart room to pursue a hare in full flight fantastically to say the least... yours in sport carl Williams bowline whippet x greyhound longdog/ hybrids South Wales. 

Got my first saluki x off tom . He put the dog postie . A local dog up in wick . Direct out of tor o dartmoor.  Effectively 3/4 grehound.  His greys were from coursing stock . The bitch I got was electric but could stay for a month . There wasn't a word from that man that didn't come true about that pup . He was waiting to have a triple bypass at the time . Could you pass on my well wishes to him and tell him its benny from Glasgow that sends him my thanks ?

Edited by The drover