• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A photo i took the other day of my Deerhound x Greyhound   atb

I never tire of putting this picture up; Cheers.  

Seven weeks old, first cross Deerhound / Greyhound; Cheers.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mush said:

Very unlikely a greyhound having just 3.

Wow ! You really have got a hard on for me ! ? !

Im sure I've never met you or spoken to you, so I'm not sure what you're hoping to achieve by trolling me ?

Never mind.....I've been through a lot in life, and some stranger trying to get a rise out of me on the internet is way, way down on things that affect my life ! 

Cheers.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Wow ! You really have got a hard on for me ! ?

some stranger trying to get a rise out of me 

Cheers.

Lol in thought you said I was the one with a rise for you.

On 07/06/2021 at 01:42, Rudeboy 1 said:

I have a real good friend who lives smack bang in  the rhondda valleys a place named Maerdy a hunter namely Mr Carl Casey a fantastic friend who has achieved great success in the hunting field. Carl has educated himself in so far as using The constant type of running dogs for literally years and years and has educated himself to The pit bull x greyhound type. Their large domed heads and power to pull down a wild large boar is probably a very useful ? and unique way of providing fantastic sport in the hunting field especially when one hunts heavily built ground quarry such as wild boar and deer ? Carl Casey is a genuine trust worthy keen hunter and has achieved great success and fantastic sport for all that has hunted with a very modest professional experienced way to hunt and  claim his chosen ground quarry. He has been in the hunting field for some 40 odd years and today still continues to work ? his pit bull x greyhounds in the hunting field. He has a strong desire to breed the most appropriate type of running dog for very large heavily built ground quarry such as wild boar. His track record of being with all probability perhaps one of the best hunting field sport enthusiastic around today!!!he chooses to crack on and ignore anyone who lives in a crazy world!!!!

Is this a post, advertisement, reference, article or what and what does it have to do with deerhound crosses (in the hunting field!) anyway ?

3 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Is this a post, advertisement, reference, article or what and what does it have to do with deerhound crosses (in the hunting field!) anyway ?

f**k me thats it ...you've done it now.....expect a message left on your profile ..lol

• Haha 2

I have a real good friend who lives smack bang in  the rhondda valleys a place named Maerdy a hunter namely Mr Carl Casey a fantastic friend who has achieved great success in the hunting field. Carl has educated himself in so far as using The constant type of running dogs for literally years and years and has educated himself to The pit bull x greyhound type. Their large domed heads and power to pull down a wild large boar is probably a very useful ? and unique way of providing fantastic sport in the hunting field especially when one hunts heavily built ground quarry such as wild boar and deer ? Carl Casey is a genuine trust worthy keen hunter and has achieved great success and fantastic sport for all that has hunted with a very modest professional experienced way to hunt and  claim his chosen ground quarry. He has been in the hunting field for some 40 odd years and today still continues to work ? his pit bull x greyhounds in the hunting field. He has a strong desire to breed the most appropriate type of running dog for very large heavily built ground quarry such as wild boar. His track record of being with all probability perhaps one of the best hunting field sport enthusiastic around today!!!he chooses to crack on and ignore anyone who lives in a crazy world!!!!

Feck me i try not to comment on people or put them down but by christ mate you don't do yourself any favors im sure your not a bad bloke but name dropping especially in this day in age saying there doing what they shouldn't and talking absolute shite isn't impressing anyone if you wound it in abit im sure you'd get a better response and decent convo off some of these lads 

The kid not from South wales

• Like 3

Lol... Why???

Jesus.. you should be shunned..

• Haha 1

I love seeing the written forums by certain people I've never ever heard of in my 30 odd years I've been devoted to field sports.i know what types of people are in this circle of arseholes lol the types are those who feel strongly threatened about something or other trust me,its fact!!!!!

Owned a couple of dogs that had a drop of Deerhound blood in em, the best of which had a lot more desert dog blood in it.

I've posted this a couple of times on here years back but here it is again for those who've not read it....

Used to work with an old boy, back in the late 1980's, who did a lot of coursing back in his day, which was the 60's and early 70's. Jimmy was a farmer, a tennent farmer on a farm in Halsall, on the edge of Altcar estate. He would always doff an invisible hat to anyone he thought was a station above himself and mutter a volley of unpleasantries under his breath as they walked away!

Jim ran his dogs with some of the best coursing men back in the day, running all over the country, back before any desert dogs had started to take the cousing fields by storm.

Jimmy bred and ran Deerhound crosses as they were the most popular coursing cross back then. His friend was John Nuttall of Clithero, who is mentioned in the early Plummer books about this cross. Between them they bred their coursing dogs to match all over but with Altcar always their main ground.

Jimmy always said that the best of their dogs always came from a Deerhound dam to a coursing dog sire and never the other way round. The difficulty was always obtaining a quality Deerhound bitch, as they were expensive and difficult to find, though they always had quality coursing greyhound studs available, as they knew many of the owners and trainers that ran on Altcar.

The other thing that Jimmy always said with the cross was that a good match dog of this type had to know its ground and few dogs could be taken anywhere and win regular. He said his dogs were never beaten on Altcar, they knew the land and the hares too well.

Jimmy's coursing passion eventually lost him the tennency of his Halsall farm and he sadly came to work as the boilerman, in the local leisure centre, life had lost its shine for him. The only time his eyes would light up was when he would talk to me about his running dogs and them coursing days.

I remember me and a couple of mates dropping into work one Sunday morning with our coursing dogs and Jim was over the moon that we were dropping in. On arrival his face changed when he seen our Saluki bloods, he said, "Oh dear, a good hare would kill em Paul"

?

The longdogs in their category and league are those that have been bred and subsequently produced are strains/ hybrids of various colours types and sizes ?. This factor depends upon the individual himself and the type of ground quarry one chooses to subsequently hunt in the UK hunting field. The deerhound cross alongside The sand/ desert greyhound hybrids are without any hesitation the largest of longdogs used by a band of coursing enthusiastics who have chosen ? such strains of longdog hybrids in order to hunt in a coursing manner.Hares are quarry that the hunting active fellow fieldsports choose to use on large open fen land or peat fields in order to pursue hares.The longdog hybrid will certainly continue in due course. Yours in sport....Carl Williams South Wales. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
58 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

The longdogs in their category and league are those that have been bred and subsequently produced are strains/ hybrids of various colours types and sizes ?. This factor depends upon the individual himself and the type of ground quarry one chooses to subsequently hunt in the UK hunting field. The deerhound cross alongside The sand/ desert greyhound hybrids are without any hesitation the largest of longdogs used by a band of coursing enthusiastics who have chosen ? such strains of longdog hybrids in order to hunt in a coursing manner.Hares are quarry that the hunting active fellow fieldsports choose to use on large open fen land or peat fields in order to pursue hares.The longdog hybrid will certainly continue in due course. Yours in sport....Carl Williams South Wales. 

FFS FELLA, FAAACK OFF!!! ?.

Ooh, I assume the 1st cross whippet greyhound 'line' are now 'thrown on the 'scrap heap' in favour of these 'new' deer/grey or saluki/grey 'lines'?!!

You ABSOLUTE FAACKING CLOWN!!  f**k off and pester another forum, or people that 'might' fall for your idiotic ramblings about lurchers, and more specifically 'longdongs'.  Because I 'll tell you this now, and BELIEVE IT, no-one is falling for your bullshit ramblings on this site!!

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 5