• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A photo i took the other day of my Deerhound x Greyhound   atb

I never tire of putting this picture up; Cheers.  

Seven weeks old, first cross Deerhound / Greyhound; Cheers.  

Posted Images

On 16/03/2021 at 12:01, poxon said:

I think a beddy greyhound x deerhound greyhound would be a nice cross to try at some point something around 25tts would do me lovely ive only ever seen one beddy deerhound greyhound mix dog it was a foxer great dog wasn’t as large as you would expect from the cross but a handy dog with a good personality I’d like to breed my beddy collie x bitch in about 3yrs time by then she’ll be about 5 I’m thinking something on the lines of a straight greyhound or a deerhound greyhound as my bitch is a cobby thick set type 

This dog was that cross - he was cracking on deer and hare. Being 27tts he made deer look easy but he was a coward where teeth came into it. 

IMG_20210408_224650.jpg

• Like 5
10 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

This dog was that cross - he was cracking on deer and hare. Being 27tts he made deer look easy but he was a coward where teeth came into it. 

IMG_20210408_224650.jpg

What beddy collie or predominantly collie nice looking dog looks very collie bred in appearance 

10 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

IMG_20210408_224650.jpg

That’s the bitch I’m on about I bred her dam that was line bred collie greyhound deerhound greyhound whippet greyhound x to a f1 bedlington greyhound the sire to this bitch was a similar bred Jackie drakeford bred bitch to a f1 bedlington greyhound dog it’s a right hotch potch breeding in her but works well enough for me the whole litter seems to be pretty decent an usable it’s her first season this year id say she’s the best dog I’ve had out the last 3 dogs I’ve had an probably the best season I’ve had in the last 5-6seasons I’m content with her hope she carries on as she’s done for me this season she’s a really good attitude she wants on everything she doesn’t act like a bitch she acts more like a dog with bollox she has the same stamp as her dam an mannerisms she no world beater by any means But honest enough for what I need  so I’d like to lock in an line breed to this type because it suits me to the ground I’m thinking greyhound as it’d be the easiest way but also like deerhound greyhound I like all the old school breeding 

7C76FDDE-404F-4863-B6AA-8001A8014DE6.jpeg

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Why dont you use something related to the bitch

Because there’s so much stuff in there it’ll throw all sorts it’s been years of Lurcher to lurcher breeding its made up of bits an batts if I go to a greyhound or deerhound greyhound I can iron out an polish up a bit  i roughly known what I’m going to get an what I’d like now i got the type/stamp sorted I’m basically wanting to use my bitch as a base blood to start a line/type to keep for my self if I breed down the road an keep a bitch it’ll go to this bitches brother if I keep a dog out my bitch it’ll go back to its mother but also keeping a eye on my bitches litter mates to see what there bred to for future as there all be 50% related ??

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, poxon said:

Because there’s so much stuff in there it’ll throw all sorts it’s been years of Lurcher to lurcher breeding its made up of bits an batts if I go to a greyhound or deerhound greyhound I can iron out an polish up a bit  i roughly known what I’m going to get an what I’d like now i got the type/stamp sorted I’m basically wanting to use my bitch as a base blood to start a line/type to keep for my self if I breed down the road an keep a bitch it’ll go to this bitches brother if I keep a dog out my bitch it’ll go back to its mother but also keeping a eye on my bitches litter mates to see what there bred to for future as there all be 50% related ??

Im in a similar boat with the bitch i have. She's a good bitch and suits me and how i like to work and im looking at her half brother to put back to her, granted it will be breeding more of the deerhound out but still keeping a type as her half brother is Wheaton bull grey but it will still give me the type of dog i want. Big strong hairy animals with plenty guts about them.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, poxon said:

That’s the bitch I’m on about I bred her dam that was line bred collie greyhound deerhound greyhound whippet greyhound x to a f1 bedlington greyhound the sire to this bitch was a similar bred Jackie drakeford bred bitch to a f1 bedlington greyhound dog it’s a right hotch potch breeding in her but works well enough for me the whole litter seems to be pretty decent an usable it’s her first season this year id say she’s the best dog I’ve had out the last 3 dogs I’ve had an probably the best season I’ve had in the last 5-6seasons I’m content with her hope she carries on as she’s done for me this season she’s a really good attitude she wants on everything she doesn’t act like a bitch she acts more like a dog with bollox she has the same stamp as her dam an mannerisms she no world beater by any means But honest enough for what I need  so I’d like to lock in an line breed to this type because it suits me to the ground I’m thinking greyhound as it’d be the easiest way but also like deerhound greyhound I like all the old school breeding 

7C76FDDE-404F-4863-B6AA-8001A8014DE6.jpeg

Cracking stamp mate 

12 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Pics don't show him properly, he was broken coated and almost a brindle.  Very fast dog, shame he had no bottle 

Shame mate we all been there with cowards that’s how it is sometimes 

This young dog hit a roe as if he was running through a wall as it was his 1st one,collapsed on the floor screening the roe fell to the floor and when we skinned it there was 4 broken ribs snapped it’s shoulder and the dog was badly bruised.It took him a few months to recover but he was half hearted at taking another one.

2CA0B92E-10AD-4F11-B71D-5C4DA47DAB93.png

19 minutes ago, trenchfoot said:

Beddy x deer/grey to Whippet x deer/grey. Only young but showing great promise

IMG_0728.JPG

This bitch was, Sire; 1st x Beddy/grey. Dam; deer/grey - whippet/grey.;

IMG_0341.JPG.860f162fc027fe3a7758161fece57328.JPG

What I like to call an "honest" dog.

Cheers.

• Like 11