1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

?We did not own the big hairy fellah..?

Just used him over Irish Bred coursing bitches...they were beautiful animals,..tumbled roe for fun?

Then, when I went on the rabbits for wages, I fancied a smaller jukel for the hedgerows, so we tried the whippet blood ..This brought the size right down, and many of the male pups inherited the fabulous crispy coat of the Deerhound. I liked them alongside the Beddies well enough,.but I always returned to the Herding blood composites...?

Great days though...

Stay safe now, kind regards, OldPhil?

_MG_2880.JPG

Look just got to ask good dog men the right questions you get a quality post  ??  
I don’t mind a bit a rabbiting but treban that half cross be me cup a tea lol

• Like 3

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A photo i took the other day of my Deerhound x Greyhound   atb

I never tire of putting this picture up; Cheers.  

Seven weeks old, first cross Deerhound / Greyhound; Cheers.  

Posted Images

On 17/03/2021 at 19:37, SONOFSOIL said:

Nothing better to look at than the deerhound x, though for me a dash of collie needed. Dave platts as bred 23 generations of dhxgh hes 250yrs old surely lol

i spoke to him on the phone about 2 year back.....he was on about that 23 gen bred deer/grey then....

he told me it was a 13 gen bred dog over a 10 gen bred bitch....im not sure that makes it 23 gen though....

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i spoke to him on the phone about 2 year back.....he was on about that 23 gen bred deer/grey then....

he told me it was a 13 gen bred dog over a 10 gen bred bitch....im not sure that makes it 23 gen though....

Like playing conkers

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

Dave sleight done an article in this weeks cmw, to me its simply breeding dogs for the sake of it and probably money.

3 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Dave sleight done an article in this weeks cmw, to me its simply breeding dogs for the sake of it and probably money.

did an article on platts...and the 23 gen deer/grey??

55 minutes ago, my hounds said:

Which line if you dont mind me asking.

I know John slack sold him a dog called Saxon which looked the part but wouldn’t pick up.And John put plenty in front of it,sold it to Dave platts and the next thing it’s the best dog he’s had and done all sorts.I wouldn’t believe a word platts says about them as that dog wouldn’t of no where near the stuff John put in front of it even though he told Dave the the dog was crap.

41 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I know John slack sold him a dog called Saxon which looked the part but wouldn’t pick up.And John put plenty in front of it,sold it to Dave platts and the next thing it’s the best dog he’s had and done all sorts.I wouldn’t believe a word platts says about them as that dog wouldn’t of no where near the stuff John put in front of it even though he told Dave the the dog was crap.

A cornerstone in English dh breeding history. Lol