Supplements

Troutslayer

Just wondering if any of you guys use vitamin supplements on your birds and whether or not there is any real benefit for say during the moult. I used to give my harisses a supplement but I found the extra calcium made the beaks grow 3x faster. Also what would be the best one if any to use. Thanks in advance

26 minutes ago, Troutslayer said:

Just wondering if any of you guys use vitamin supplements on your birds and whether or not there is any real benefit for say during the moult. I used to give my harisses a supplement but I found the extra calcium made the beaks grow 3x faster. Also what would be the best one if any to use. Thanks in advance

I use raptor essential but not all time , a good variety diet through moult and the occasional bit of manuka honey that’s bout it ,

On 13/03/2021 at 22:51, Troutslayer said:

Yes it was raptor essential I used to use. Maybe I was using it a bit too often?? How much n how do you use it? Also I've heard about manuka honey but have never used it. Same again how much and how often? Thanks for reply 

To be honest when it comes to supplements it's more of a when I can be arsed kinda thing , I normally only use through moult a tiny but sprinkled on food as and when realy and manuka same just bit every now and again but like moorman said a varied diet of rabbit duck phesnat squirrel rat and chick's and plenty sunlight should give them everything they need 

• 4 weeks later...