Just now, Elchapo said:

If I do breed him this year my mate who’s Jill use will probably only keep 1 Jill I’ll keep a hob , if there’s any left ( should be ) your lads welcome to them mate if he want them 

Thank you mate, let me know?

• Like 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I breed mine this yr you can have your pick for free? Ps. the milk is lactose free?before any cnut starts... 

some of us keep small ferrets because we don't want to be digging. when you are somewhere you shouldn't be you want a ferret to bolt rabbits or come off after 15 minutes or so, you can't afford to be

I've always kept a polecat type,the odd small bew, blended the EU in with them... Proper grafters, never seemed to tire, I lost 3 Jill's in 1 go after giving them the jab.. The last jill their mother

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Can't beat a small hob built like a jill... Best one I've ever seen we found him on top of the coal tips one weekend when we was out on our crossers.... It looked like it was on its last legs everytime you took it out the box.... We used to joke, if rabbits didn't bolt in the first few minutes... You was digging him?I swear he would mark Warren's like a dog... He could kill a fully grown buck quicker than the biggest polecat hobs we had... Named him Simon Hobbs after one of the boys ?was a proper f***ing weapon? dirty cnuts nicked him along with a load of my old English game bantams and the dogs we kept at the allotment ?DSC00928_002.jpg.13a082421a241f7e54c5fd90a83d45c1.jpg

I don’t understand why people people need to steal other peoples stuff it’s so wrong. I have been lucky with all my animals but I do know of two people that have had ferrets stolen. And both of them now when selling ferrets meet the people who want to by them at a park or pub car park. People who steel need their hands cut of. Steeling animals is like having someone kidnapping your child. 

1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

If I do breed him this year my mate who’s Jill use will probably only keep 1 Jill I’ll keep a hob , if there’s any left ( should be ) your lads welcome to them mate if he want them 

Sure I can mind a chap came on here, a good few years ago now. Saying he had wild polecats and they worked great but you needed welding gloves to get near them ?

19 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Sure I can mind a chap came on here, a good few years ago now. Saying he had wild polecats and they worked great but you needed welding gloves to get near them ?

Don’t no about full wild pole cats but I’ve had a half x wild polecat and that was a pile of shite , just bit for no reason was totally unpredictable and was no good for nothing . Funnily when I started handling it I used a falconry glove ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, lurchers said:

My mate works 3/4 wild polecats to 1/4 home bred ones and he says they will work all day long,He also has 1stx ones and says they are a bit nippy but graft all day to.

20150927_155331.jpg.002d6537074b814f4ad433c4477271c3.jpghad an EU polecat jill off a lad on here, few yrs ago..... f***ing thing was wild,bite f**k out of you, settled down after 3 seasons...use them all day in massive places, 20150927_110559.jpg.84d46738e5aec84088731c24ee2bf57c.jpg20151003_084845.jpg.5b30d956f986feda2d4626d5bf3594dd.jpgWouldn't leave a warren if there was anything left  in there... The offspring were quite skittish when young, fastest ferrets I've owned.. I lost my Jill's one Yr after giving them  all the ferret jab?20151025_163218.jpg.95147b8720e1f0074be408807b0dc795.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

20150927_155331.jpg.002d6537074b814f4ad433c4477271c3.jpghad an EU polecat jill off a lad on here, few yrs ago..... f***ing thing was wild,bite f**k out of you, settled down after 3 seasons...use them all day in massive places, 20150927_110559.jpg.84d46738e5aec84088731c24ee2bf57c.jpg20151003_084845.jpg.5b30d956f986feda2d4626d5bf3594dd.jpgWouldn't leave a warren if there was anything left  in there... The offspring were quite skittish when young, fastest ferrets I've owned.. I lost my Jill's one Yr after giving them  all the ferret jab?20151025_163218.jpg.95147b8720e1f0074be408807b0dc795.jpg

It’s that how yours are bred mate as I know he has worked these for over 10yrs and swears by them.

4 hours ago, lurchers said:

It’s that how yours are bred mate as I know he has worked these for over 10yrs and swears by them.

I've always kept a polecat type,the odd small bew, blended the EU in with them... Proper grafters, never seemed to tire, I lost 3 Jill's in 1 go after giving them the jab.. The last jill their mother my lads young black dog mullered when it got out one day... Walked through 6 dog runs untouched until it got to the young black dog at the end?I beat the cnut up with it.... Stuff I got now came from a good lad on here Bumpy... Superb little workers, there's a few members on here had them from me over the yrs DSC_0064.JPG.24b889e367be57ab9af1ca259dd0c449.JPGand all over the moon with how they graft?DSC_0078.JPG.7dd8b66bfc81e635388f0a25d96e3ee3.JPGIMG_20191123_181706_128.jpg.f8256075b5856cb42493057a46e62f30.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I only really keep hobs now there bigger than most people would work if they kill in its a case of digging one hole to get them out I've got a couple of Jill's but they sometimes get dragged around setts I can't understand why someone would keep tiny ferrets for work a Jill of any size will work a rat and suffer alot less if the rat decides to stay put 

• Like 1

some of us keep small ferrets because we don't want to be digging. when you are somewhere you shouldn't be you want a ferret to bolt rabbits or come off after 15 minutes or so, you can't afford to be hanging around. 

• Like 4

Hob or Jill they both do the job and yes a Jill might be quicker but then again she's probably leaving coney behind where a hob will stay and make sure everything moves or comes to a end and spade comes into action  ,I've had all kinds of colours and sizes over 30 od Yr but I like albinos with a bit of size to them as they suit me , I'm down to my last Jill who 9 Yr old and still fit and puts in a shift in fact I took her for Jill jab last Yr and vet tryd telling me she was only a youngster and didn't beleave she 9 lol , I got 3 hobs who are on big size but they do the job and thats what counts and once my old Jill gone she will be the last Jill I work ,

I have a young hob from last Yr looking for a good home and if any youngster getting into ferreting wants him I will throw a few nets in and no money involved just a good honest home ,

I'm in Northants ,

• Like 2
On 20/03/2021 at 10:29, gnipper said:

Had a couple with eu in and won't have any more. It might put in a bit of vigour but the unpredictability let's them down.

Had two gifted few yr back ,never see a pug so dark but I soon gifted them back lol ,no matter how much I handled them they would bite ,no I stick to my albinos 

58 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Hob or Jill they both do the job and yes a Jill might be quicker but then again she's probably leaving coney behind where a hob will stay and make sure everything moves or comes to a end and spade comes into action  ,I've had all kinds of colours and sizes over 30 od Yr but I like albinos with a bit of size to them as they suit me , I'm down to my last Jill who 9 Yr old and still fit and puts in a shift in fact I took her for Jill jab last Yr and vet tryd telling me she was only a youngster and didn't beleave she 9 lol , I got 3 hobs who are on big size but they do the job and thats what counts and once my old Jill gone she will be the last Jill I work ,

I have a young hob from last Yr looking for a good home and if any youngster getting into ferreting wants him I will throw a few nets in and no money involved just a good honest home ,

I'm in Northants ,

Thats a .Great offer to anyone starting up