Jump to content

Wanted ranger wings 2005


Recommended Posts


13 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

You ever had a steering box go mines just started leaking,  I can't find a repair kit ? Will it be a second hand box n hope it don't leak ? 

if your changing it yourself make sure you lock the steering wheel or you might bugger up the clock spring cable to the airbag

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

You ever had a steering box go mines just started leaking,  I can't find a repair kit ? Will it be a second hand box n hope it don't leak ? 

No but the chap that Katchum is on about has just this last week told someone about his oil leak and it's a seal that is needed but not sure where to get them. Is it a bad leak or is it weeping out?.

15 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

You in fb groups? Guy in there is like yoda of rangers especially mk2, sells lots gear an parts aswell, pm me if you want the details 👍

He sure knows his stuff and as it goes it was him i got some spare wings for a mk2 off of a year ago and the forums on facebook are well worth getting on Vfr...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Iv just asked an there’s a few answers, ranging from stop steering  leak fluid from the web to changing seal an even a few places to get full part, millers, parts for pickups, an ks international, somebody even said any decent agricultural fitter would sort a sea out cheap if you could sort sizes

 

by all account the fluid is worth a bash, couple guys reckon they had in couple even few years an it’s held tight, for price I’d use that an even order part in mean time, just incase👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv just asked an there’s a few answers, ranging from stop steering  leak fluid from the web to changing seal an even a few places to get full part, millers, parts for pickups, an ks international, somebody even said any decent agricultural fitter would sort a sea out cheap if you could sort sizes

 

by all account the fluid is worth a bash, couple guys reckon they had in couple even few years an it’s held tight, for price I’d use that an even order part in mean time, just incase👍

Used it on an old L200... probably worked for 3 yrs or more...some silly Bint pulled out Infront of me at a junction and wrote it off in the end🙈was choked😔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Used it on an old L200... probably worked for 3 yrs or more...some silly Bint pulled out Infront of me at a junction and wrote it off in the end🙈was choked😔

That’s the gear they said to get, for a few quid it’s worth a try ain’t it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv just asked an there’s a few answers, ranging from stop steering  leak fluid from the web to changing seal an even a few places to get full part, millers, parts for pickups, an ks international, somebody even said any decent agricultural fitter would sort a sea out cheap if you could sort sizes

 

by all account the fluid is worth a bash, couple guys reckon they had in couple even few years an it’s held tight, for price I’d use that an even order part in mean time, just incase👍

Wish I knew what size it is id have a go my self I have seen second hand boxes but they 150 n could knacker after a month or 3 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...