Tips on young terriers...

At the moment I have a young Russell bitch only about 11 inches to her shoulders but fears nothing I’m just wondering what’s your thoughts on starting her and the best ways I know stop ends and everything I’ve had couple terriers before but I have no one to give her a stop end with.. Would any of you Rely on self entering?

Looking for advice for the coming season she’s only 12 months..

10 minutes ago, Kingofthelamp said:

At the moment I have a young Russell bitch only about 11 inches to her shoulders but fears nothing I’m just wondering what’s your thoughts on starting her and the best ways I know stop ends and everything I’ve had couple terriers before but I have no one to give her a stop end with.. Would any of you Rely on self entering?

Self enter hole ending learn a dog nowt , bitch only 12 month old let her have summer an try next season ?

• Like 7

Talking out your arse mate .Terrier choice is down to personal preference not colour or type .I’ve seen very good examples of all types .The blacks are more popular due to the fact they seem to breed more workers from a larger gene pool .

• Like 11
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Talking out your arse mate .Terrier choice is down to personal preference not colour or type .I’ve seen very good examples of all types .The blacks are more popular due to the fact they seem to breed more workers from a larger gene pool .

Exactly fd shame really 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, foxdropper said:

what ever pal ?

• Haha 1
On 11/03/2021 at 20:15, Kingofthelamp said:

Last thing you should do is show it a stop end and anyone who tells you thats the way to start a terrier is a f**king idiot.If its got anything about it get it out and about next season and it should be able to find its own fox and work it at its own pace.

• Like 15

Show it a roadkill fox, let it realise that it's fun to rag on the carcass and it should remember the scent when it's old enough next season, that's when it's breeding should kick in, just after the curiosity factor ?

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, dillydog said:

Show it a roadkill fox, let it realise that it's fun to rag on the carcass and it should remember the scent when it's old enough next season, that's when it's breeding should kick in, just after the curiosity factor ?

I think some only ever see road kill D ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Stop ends are for lazy cnuts too idle to get the dogs out an about ?

Lazy c**ts or just plain thick c**ts.How anyone in this day and age can honestly believe that sending a youngster charging in blind beats me.But if someone is that stupid to think thats the right way to go theyre probably too stupid to have their mind changed.

• Like 9