A first for me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two in one been trapping over year now first dubble for me

Funny old world is mole catching.  Popular wisdom, as it was handed to me, always said you must make sure the tunnel is a run that the mole travels in either direction - there's no point setting

Get plenty of doubles with Putanges  your luck will change

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Torquemada said:

Like a lottery win, my double in 2014, been on Putange and the odd Talpex since then, so will never be repeated.

FB_IMG_1615740136337.jpg

Nothing personal,.. (& i know not deliberate) but, youll find generally, most experienced mole men, WOULDNT want to "repeat" a catch like that, in a half barrel, ffs !!!,...& for any newbies, on here ,.....you DO NOT want to catch your moles like this, in any duffus type.

11 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Okay then smart arse, why not show or tell them how to prevent it? Cos you’d rather folk thought you were the all seeing mystic ?‍♂️ 

To the guy who posted the double. Take no note of the know all an try bending your triggers forward mate so the mole hits it sooner an gets trapped behind front legs ?

"all seeing mystic" ??   was sure it was fairly common knowledge now, as far as info about adjusting the duffus type ? (other mole men on here have given great tips, plenty of times ,anyhow ffs !)   Are you not a MOD yet, anyway ? ha ha & you can f****n talk some as well ?  bottom line is ,...im afraid i havent taken to you, matey. (from way back, anyway) lol  so i will TRY not to engage with you,... so the posts & topics, dont deteriorate, into any nonsense.

Edited by earth-thrower
12 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

"all seeing mystic" ??   was sure it was fairly common knowledge now, as far as info about adjusting the duffus type ? (other mole men on here have given great tips, plenty of times ,anyhow ffs !),....  bottom line is ,...im afraid i havent taken you, matey. (from way back, anyway) lol  so i will TRY not to engage with you,... so the posts & topics, dont deteriorate, into any nonsense.

"try bending your triggers forward mate so the mole hits it sooner an gets trapped behind front legs",...  aye , now we are getting somewhere,...but, you can bend the triggers towards the catching loops, to try and effect that outcome,... just to be clearer ?

Edited by earth-thrower
6 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

We dont have moles over here, i know fcuk all about them are they a big problem over your side, do you use the pelts for anything or is trapping them just a pest control thing

Aye mate, can be a  problem for farmers, golf courses, gardens , amenity land, etc,....when numerous,...& they often are. Funny, ive just skinned a load of so called good 'winter clears '( for a change, after doing this 27 year ,now) which is moles in winter pelts, & fur is at its thickest, etc. They are in the freezer, but i aint got a clue yet , how to cure / tan them , or whatever ?  lol

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Aye mate, can be a  problem for farmers, golf courses, gardens , amenity land, etc,....when numerous,...& they often are. Funny, ive just skinned a load of so called good 'winter clears '( for a change, after doing this 27 year ,now) which is moles in winter pelts, & fur is at its thickest, etc. They are in the freezer, but i aint got a clue yet , how to cure / tan them , or whatever ?  lol

Cheers for the reply pal, ive heard thier skins are good for making socks and gloves, supposed to be expensive 

2 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Cheers for the reply pal, ive heard thier skins are good for making socks and gloves, supposed to be expensive 

& waistcoats, hats, ladies coats, etc. Earlier molecatchers, could make as much off, good skins, at one time, as getting paid for catching them, ive been told.

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 1