I want a BSA Supersport of Lightning... Put me off or real me in..

I'd love a lightening XL SE. 

But I'd also quitelike a Supersport as it's reminds me of my Mercury as it'll come hope with me from France when the borders open up 

Just got an amazing Cometa Karbine 400 Star S delivered

But I got a feeling the BSA will be fun.... Flipping might have to fib to missus. But I got room for one more on the cabinet hooks before I just lean them up inside hahaha... 

I won't put you off a Supersport. I don't  know what the new ones are like but l had one of the last of the original Birmingham-made ones. It may not have looked trendy,a bit plain looking but a real gem .

It was so silky smooth to cock and shoot it was hard to believe it was close to the limit. Lighter, more powerful and  more accurate than my old Weihrauch 97k it also made the tuned Walther Terrus l briefly owned seem agricultural.

It was an easy decision to sell both in favour of the Supersport.

I would still have the Supersport but was given a Feinwerkbau 127 that only needed a new seal.

I gave the BSA to a  friend who couldn't believe how good it is and that l simply gifted it to him.

As l told him " l wouldn't  have given it to him if it was rubbish!"

He is a very good friend!

Edited by comanche

Yerr, I had one in .25, very tight bore (243) and as vm says, only really worked with rhino’s. I shot loads of ferals in factories and rabbits around factory units at night with it. It cost me £99 new and it was really nice and smooth to cock and shoot. I regret selling it really. The lad I sold it to fitted a gas ram and I think it spoiled it in my opinion. I sold my airsporter S at the same time to make room for a Theoben sirocco, which I still have. I thought that the supersport was better than the airsporter in every way. I will have another one day.

Just now, JakeFury said:

Well thanks for your replies... I went or it with a lightening XL in my fav tiny calibre and there's a massive movement in the barrel. Has to go back ffs. 

Also 10.5ftlb but with that much movement I don't favour the breach seal either. 

It's. All gone horribly wrong. 

11 hours ago, JakeFury said:

Also 10.5ftlb but with that much movement I don't favour the breach seal either. 

It's. All gone horribly wrong. 

Well that’s not good. Will you be getting another one, seems like the one you got hadn’t been maintained very well. I thought they were fairly durable.

5 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Well that’s not good. Will you be getting another one, seems like the one you got hadn’t been maintained very well. I thought they were fairly durable.

Brand new bud! 

Out of the box more end float than a boat. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

That’s crap Jake. Mine was a great little rifle, bought it sometime in early nineties I think. Are they made in Birmingham or Spain now?

Assembled in Birmingham afaik it's clearly a quality device. RFD is sorting it won't be an issue... As long as it gets sorted. It needs to be sharpish as I'm not sure this joderal bank scope. I've ordered is gonna bit before the breach break! Hahaha...it hasn't arrived yet. 

Do you ever take off the rubber mount thing? I've got a fairly heft centre fire rated piece to wack on it... Not sure it'll be needed. 

48 minutes ago, JakeFury said:

Assembled in Birmingham afaik it's clearly a quality device. RFD is sorting it won't be an issue... As long as it gets sorted. It needs to be sharpish as I'm not sure this joderal bank scope. I've ordered is gonna bit before the breach break! Hahaha...it hasn't arrived yet. 

Do you ever take off the rubber mount thing? I've got a fairly heft centre fire rated piece to wack on it... Not sure it'll be needed. 

Mine was an early one, just standard dovetails. I think I used an ASI or Nikko 4x32 on it and it was ok. No mill dots, just 30/30 ret. I think the fixed mag scopes are probably less prone to fail due to less moving parts. I’ve had a 4x40 Japanese Apollo fourstar on a Theoben gas rammer for 30 years, never loses zero.

3 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Mine was an early one, just standard dovetails. I think I used an ASI or Nikko 4x32 on it and it was ok. No mill dots, just 30/30 ret. I think the fixed mag scopes are probably less prone to fail due to less moving parts. I’ve had a 4x40 Japanese Apollo fourstar on a Theoben gas rammer for 30 years, never loses zero.

Those where the days matey. 

I have one like that on my Baikal from the 80s, in fact it was on my BSA Mercury that was Dad's and we only had one, so when he was busy shooting shot guns we'd pinch it off the Mercury and put it on thr Baikal which was far more accurate amazing thing.. So cheap, so accurate. Mercury could shoot through the shed mind... All the way through long ways and cross ways haha... If thr mower didn't get in the way. Kids. Bloody hell. The amount of Ferret food we got with that.. Flipping heck...

The scopes i have nowadays are all centre fire rated, I got rid of my airmaxes (Hawke) Im afraid the most expensive one the Airmax was crooked Ret from new. The 3-9 clicks were so vague Hawke said actually yes sorry, they are all like that... And I was like Jeez... Man.... 

So I've got a number of centre fire rated large Mag scopes the far east which are far better than the Hawkes and the Falcon which arrived today and a ZOS cos I got cos my mate Barry rates them. 

The Falcon says inspected in the United Kingdom. But I think we all know where even 400 quid Falcons are made don't we.! 

Bloody hell mate. Its amazing what you can do when the pubs are shut for cash bud aye haha... 

I've a Lightning in .22", Have to say I love it!!, When I first got it from a mate (Bought two from him!, T'uther was an XL), I then bought two Bushnell scopes from him and two sets of mounts new in the boxes, I set this one up and went to the range, Made a beautiful group, The only trouble was that it was five inches to the right at 20 yds!!

The mounts were 11mm, The maxigrip rail requires 14mm mounts!!, I bought the ones in the pic off fleabay, Windage can be adjusted with them but I gave up my place at the range so didn't get to set it up, If I tried in my garden some git would phone the plod and the chopper would hover over my house again!!

JR1djvn.jpg 

4F9EuyP.jpg

@Dervburner, I have a .25" Supersport, The best pellet I found was the .25" Marksman pellets, They fit lovely and are very lightweight by comparison to the rest of the .25" so don't drop as much ?

tkfwFIS.jpg

h5QKftT.jpg

Cheers, John ?

30 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

I've a Lightning in .22", Have to say I love it!!, When I first got it from a mate (Bought two from him!, T'uther was an XL), I then bought two Bushnell scopes from him and two sets of mounts new in the boxes, I set this one up and went to the range, Made a beautiful group, The only trouble was that it was five inches to the right at 20 yds!!

The mounts were 11mm, The maxigrip rail requires 14mm mounts!!, I bought the ones in the pic off fleabay, Windage can be adjusted with them but I gave up my place at the range so didn't get to set it up, If I tried in my garden some git would phone the plod and the chopper would hover over my house again!!

JR1djvn.jpg 

4F9EuyP.jpg

@Dervburner, I have a .25" Supersport, The best pellet I found was the .25" Marksman pellets, They fit lovely and are very lightweight by comparison to the rest of the .25" so don't drop as much ?

tkfwFIS.jpg

h5QKftT.jpg

Cheers, John ?

I don’t think I came across any marksman .25’s back then John. I’ve got some now and they work well in my .25 striker. The bsa was lovely to shoot though, I wish I still had it really ?

• Like 1