• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought about moving over there more than a few times,  first for the terrier work then for the fishing.  I've got no excuse but cowardice,  I should of done it years ago, never say never, see what li

Use braid line, not mono. If you tie the line to the corner of the trigger opposite on the opposite side to the gap it shouldn't end up anywhere near to the gap. I have never had one slip off in the w

Oh, I see. I'll switch, once I've used up this near kilometre of mono. (I'm not made of money, you know.)

Posted Images

I used to always use a cut down border spade. But for the last three or four years I cut 99% of the holes using a large meat knife. It is a lot lighter and less hassle to carry around.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I used to always use a cut down border spade. But for the last three or four years I cut 99% of the holes using a large meat knife. It is a lot lighter and less hassle to carry around.

That's way I cut out find run trap down cut around trap with knife  so fits in nicely ?

• Like 1
On 16/03/2021 at 18:19, Nicepix said:

I've been using for years the gardening  knife/tool that Axminster tools sell. Can't go wrong.

You'll probably see a suitable knife offered for next to nowt in charity shops or car boot sales. It needs a solid spine and a wide blade. I got two for nothing when a customer asked me to dispose of some cutlery for her.

Edited by Nicepix
On 18/03/2021 at 07:47, Nicepix said:

You'll probably see a suitable knife offered for next to nowt in charity shops or car boot sales. It needs a solid spine and a wide blade. I got two for nothing when a customer asked me to dispose of some cutlery for her.

I must say,...what a great opportunity, for somebody,...your advertising there , Clive. Would need to be someone, as conscientious, as yourself, & your approach, to the job,..i would imagine ? But, any suitable candidate, would have a good mentor, in you,..(if required) & would certainly help , them along.    atb, with it.

7 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

You asking for a job ?

?, Well , a once thought France, would perhaps be ideal, for a mole catcher, to set up ? (probably still is ?),...cause of the amount of potential new catchers, the mole catching , organisations, in the UK, were 'fast tracking' & churning out,....(seemed to becoming swamped, with them !  Iol),...but it seems the French Mole men , have cottoned on ???,...& are now providing training , etc,...(well, so I heard ?),...(I'm personally not one for abroad, mate ?,..but deffo , be good , for the right person ?)

On 24/03/2021 at 11:05, earth-thrower said:

I must say,...what a great opportunity, for somebody,...your advertising there , Clive. Would need to be someone, as conscientious, as yourself, & your approach, to the job,..i would imagine ? But, any suitable candidate, would have a good mentor, in you,..(if required) & would certainly help , them along.    atb, with it.

What's the link here, regards picking up a cheap knife? 

• Haha 1
On 24/03/2021 at 13:43, W. Katchum said:

You asking for a job ?

Steady on. I'm certainly not offering anyone a job. ?

If someone with mole trapping and pest control experience wants an easy way into working in France I would consider selling the business. At the minute with Brexit and Covid there aren't many coming over here. But the latest pensions forecast suggests that the optimum time for me to retire from this business is the end of 2023 so there is no hurry.

I ain't taking anybody on and I ain't training anybody who doesn't know how to do it. They'll get a list of contracted customers plus almost as many again wanting the same service and a round of personal introductions. Then its up to them.

Of course I would help anyone regards finding a house or registering for work. But I would do and have done that for anybody.

So, if you want to be the only mole trapper for well over 100 miles, form an orderly queue. You'll have to bring your own traps. Mine will be as worn out as my knees are by then.    ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Steady on. I'm certainly not offering anyone a job. ?

If someone with mole trapping and pest control experience wants an easy way into working in France I would consider selling the business. At the minute with Brexit and Covid there aren't many coming over here. But the latest pensions forecast suggests that the optimum time for me to retire from this business is the end of 2023 so there is no hurry.

I ain't taking anybody on and I ain't training anybody who doesn't know how to do it. They'll get a list of contracted customers plus almost as many again wanting the same service and a round of personal introductions. Then its up to them.

Of course I would help anyone regards finding a house or registering for work. But I would do and have done that for anybody.

So, if you want to be the only mole trapper for well over 100 miles, form an orderly queue. You'll have to bring your own traps. Mine will be as worn out as my knees are by then.    ?

If it wasn't for my health i would have been over there ten years ago doing exactly this.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

If it wasn't for my health i would have been over there ten years ago doing exactly this.

I wish that you had Jamie. Then I wouldn't have had to and so would have been able to spend more time fishing, and my knees wouldn't be knackered!  ??

• Haha 1

Thought about moving over there more than a few times,  first for the terrier work then for the fishing.  I've got no excuse but cowardice,  I should of done it years ago, never say never, see what life brings.

On the plus side I love the putanges and the glamorous assistant is learning the trade too.

20210327_141946.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1