• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought about moving over there more than a few times,  first for the terrier work then for the fishing.  I've got no excuse but cowardice,  I should of done it years ago, never say never, see what li

Use braid line, not mono. If you tie the line to the corner of the trigger opposite on the opposite side to the gap it shouldn't end up anywhere near to the gap. I have never had one slip off in the w

Oh, I see. I'll switch, once I've used up this near kilometre of mono. (I'm not made of money, you know.)

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

How do you use a cable tie? I use fishing braid as it’s summat I had left over as I didn’t like it for fishing, but on me last batch i got some bailing twine an slit it down into a few bits an used that, seems to be working okay. Have found tho they do need tied to the top of the trigger ?

Cable tie on trigger take pic when in ?

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

How do you use a cable tie? I use fishing braid as it’s summat I had left over as I didn’t like it for fishing, but on me last batch i got some bailing twine an slit it down into a few bits an used that, seems to be working okay. Have found tho they do need tied to the top of the trigger ?

Pic for you pal ?20210309_162726.jpg.8fcdbbad2e867b3dbbec8a9bf95e54ea.jpg

22 minutes ago, TOMO said:

but that cable tie aint attached to the trap...? 

No it's not dont have tobe mole in trap with trigger you dont lose your trigger ? 

Edited by tank34

Dyneema Braid fishing line of about 80lb to 100lb is cheap enough and does the job perfectly - other than in summer when the mice nibble through it.

I can imagine problems in placing the traps down tricky tunnels with roots and / or stones in the way with a long tail of cable tie trailing.

2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Dyneema Braid fishing line of about 80lb to 100lb is cheap enough and does the job perfectly - other than in summer when the mice nibble through it.

I can imagine problems in placing the traps down tricky tunnels with roots and / or stones in the way with a long tail of cable tie trailing.

Never had problem with roots or stone in way traps go in same with string on just find it easier with cable tie not messing about with doing knots pluss no tangled traps ?

I find my fishing line knots slip off the triggers now and then, so every few months I have to sit down and go through tying most of them back on.

I might try both methods, a cable tie on the trigger then tie the line to that; the cable tie would be too big to slip through the gap in the trigger.

(Obviously I'm just showing off that I'm made of money to be considering this.)

6 hours ago, davethe said:

I find my fishing line knots slip off the triggers now and then, so every few months I have to sit down and go through tying most of them back on.

I might try both methods, a cable tie on the trigger then tie the line to that; the cable tie would be too big to slip through the gap in the trigger.

(Obviously I'm just showing off that I'm made of money to be considering this.)

Use braid line, not mono. If you tie the line to the corner of the trigger opposite on the opposite side to the gap it shouldn't end up anywhere near to the gap. I have never had one slip off in the way that you describe.

Put the line around the flat part opposite the gap. Tie a Granny knot over the line, not the trigger so you are lassoing the trigger. Pull that really tight. Then place the gap end of the trigger over the prongs with the trigger laid flat and take the other end of the line up past the far end of the eye by about 2". Cut that off and then tie three Granny knots around the nearest part of the eye to the trigger making sure that the first one is pulled tight against the trigger that is hooked over the prongs. Trim the ends of the line and push the knot over the corner of the trigger, opposite end to the gap.  If you've done it right you should just be able to get the trigger over the prongs. Then when you set the trap the trigger will be in just the right position and will not lean forward and activate the trap when you slide the trap inside the tunnel. 

When you store the traps push the trigger into the gap between the legs of the trap so it holds firm. Then pair the traps up, one facing opposite to the other. That way when you take a trap out of the box it you can free the trigger as you open the legs with the tool. It just drops out. No tangling in the box and ready for use.

• Like 3