Pups in Cumbria?? Sensible price??

14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Jabs and chipping are upto the new owners, if they can't afford jabs they wouldn't get f**k all off me? I always give any pup/dog the full jabs again... Even if they have had them... I can sleep at night then? I buy wormers by the hundred puppy syrup is pennies and got 3 chest freezers.... Last litter of terriers cost me more to deliver half way than rear tbh?

You are supposed to chip the pups before the new owner gets the pup,then they change the chip into there name.But sometimes that doesn’t happen as I’ve had dog wardens ring me 8yrs later one was a border bitch I sold a lad over Cumbria which was a good fox bitch.The dog warden couldn’t get it into his thick head why the bitch and a lurcher was found in Carlisle and I live in Durham.

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the one I lost , cracking dog

My mates bitch is due to drop I think at the end of this month,they will be deerhound greyhound 1stx to a whippet dog.They should be hand things as he is hoping to bring the size down.I did that in 20

Been over today an got a deposit down , that brindle bitch with the white socks , caught my eye straight away, looking forward to a new journey with a new pup ?

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Do people really breed that many Lurchers for money ? Why would you bother when something like a Russel you can sell for 1200 and as many as you like. See the odd advert of the silly sites but not sure how many folk regularly shelling out Lurcher pups for big money ? 

Re quality - there’s so much shite already, why they are breeding it isn’t an issue. If you buy in off unknowns, it’s always a gamble. 

I think they do ive seen many a lurcher litters over the past few years on selling sites advertised as work bred when you look on the history of the sellers it shows there frequent advertisers most use there misses name on there to advertise there’s money to be made breeding Lurchers an there definitely is now being 800-1000£ a pup remember as well Lurchers litters tend to be bigger than a jrt litter so it’s volume your working on as well 

re quality your probably right id say I know your right ??But who your buying off now you still gotta pay the same price work lad or not so it seems ?so that’s another gamble ya gotta take 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Jabs and chipping are upto the new owners, if they can't afford jabs they wouldn't get f**k all off me? I always give any pup/dog the full jabs again... Even if they have had them... I can sleep at night then? I buy wormers by the hundred puppy syrup is pennies and got 3 chest freezers.... Last litter of terriers cost me more to deliver half way than rear tbh?

I thought by law any pup has to be chipped before leaving the breeder an down to the new owners of the pup to change an set new details up I thought that was legal requirement now?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, poxon said:

I thought by law any pup has to be chipped before leaving the breeder an down to the new owners of the pup to change an set new details up I thought that was legal requirement now?

I’ve said the same thing 2 reply’s up as I thought the same.

5 hours ago, Snapdogs said:

Pups are silly money at the minuite. Even working bred pups in Carlisle are being sold for over a grand on the pet sites... my whippet was due to go over a beddy whippet bitch the other day but we missed her ?‍♀️ That would have been perfect for you. It’s all personal preference what people like to run but me personally I like whippets and whippet Xs. Hope you find a pup soon, good luck in your search ??

Yeh iv seen a few round Carlisle last few months all crazy money. Iv also noticed a guy on the classified sites in Carlisle who over the last few months , has put 4 different adult dogs ( all lurchers) for sale changing his user name every time and cropping his face off the pics. but the stupid c#*t hasn't bothered to put a different tracksuit on or take them in a different back yard for a picture???  hes also advertised the same dog with exact same pic, twice with different user names saying Whitehaven then carlisle. dogs being stolen left right and centre round here since these prices shot up. Yeh like u say it’s down to personal preference isn’t it. I’m a fan of the traditional old style dogs myself but again it’s horses for courses eh.  Almost there with a pup now hopefully, iv been in touch with the guy who has the litter that lurchers mentioned in his post , so hopefully get one of them Sorted. ???? atb

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, AndyD89 said:

Yeh iv seen a few round Carlisle last few months all crazy money. Iv also noticed a guy on the classified sites in Carlisle who over the last few months , has put 4 different adult dogs ( all lurchers) for sale changing his user name every time and cropping his face off the pics. but the stupid c#*t hasn't bothered to put a different tracksuit on or take them in a different back yard for a picture???  hes also advertised the same dog with exact same pic, twice with different user names saying Whitehaven then carlisle. dogs being stolen left right and centre round here since these prices shot up. Yeh like u say it’s down to personal preference isn’t it. I’m a fan of the traditional old style dogs myself but again it’s horses for courses eh.  Almost there with a pup now hopefully, iv been in touch with the guy who has the litter that lurchers mentioned in his post , so hopefully get one of them Sorted. ???? atb

Ive just been having abit crack with him mate and form the pics he has sent that’s a good litter 11,His plans are to keep the line going and I know they will be well sorted and better then Dave platts stuff plus they will see the work.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

They will check aswell chip soon as they stop you ?? 

poxon hurry up and get a few brood bits he’d punt them pups out can see your dying to  ? ?? 

??no no mate you got me all wrong I have a job we’re I earn very good clean money??but saying that I’d be able to get my hands on cast greyhound bitches easy enough if I wanted them ive 2 big galvanised kennel an insulated kennel bed boxes sat there I could easily set a breeding program up but I’m not interested in peddling I’ll leave that to the money men shit bags although I’d like to breed off my young bitch if she keeps up showing me what’s up within the next 2-3yrs I’m off put by all the breeding/peddling etc. the question is what would I do with pups that are spare ??‍♂️ Sell them,gift them or give to people I don’t know or pts .....what would you do fella?  
As for nocking out litters to sell....no 

Just now, poxon said:

??no no mate you got me all wrong I have a job we’re I earn very good clean money??but saying that I’d be able to get my hands on cast greyhound bitches easy enough if I wanted them ive 2 big galvanised kennel an insulated kennel bed boxes sat there I could easily set a breeding program up but I’m not interested in peddling I’ll leave that to the money men shit bags although I’d like to breed off my young bitch if she keeps up showing me what’s up within the next 2-3yrs I’m off put by all the breeding/peddling etc. the question is what would I do with pups that are spare ??‍♂️ Sell them,gift them or give to people I don’t know or pts .....what would you do fella?  
As for nocking out litters to sell....no 

?  lol if a man breeds dogs there looked after he has good stock not the fuckers with them caged up on top each other lol the money is no different to your working money mate lol or horse breeders money or sheep stockmen lol ?? 

if you breed mate you really want to see what’s what in litter I only had one litter mate gifted to mates family only 4 in litter 

If I bred a litter and had some to sell I’d sell them wouldn’t bother me mate no different to dog doesn’t make grade first season you become attached to the good ones lol if your attached to every dog you have you haven’t been at it long enough lol ??  
what peddlers do breed of it good or bad  

stockmen don’t get attached and breed off quality lol ?? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, poxon said:

Last few I've bought in or been gifted had not been to a vet until I  booked them in for jabs and then they get microchipped in your name round here...never been asked about docking certs etc...

2 hours ago, lurchers said:

You are supposed to chip the pups before the new owner gets the pup,then they change the chip into there name.But sometimes that doesn’t happen as I’ve had dog wardens ring me 8yrs later one was a border bitch I sold a lad over Cumbria which was a good fox bitch.The dog warden couldn’t get it into his thick head why the bitch and a lurcher was found in Carlisle and I live in Durham.

For that reason alone....I leave it up to the new owners...Ive not had a knock on the door in nearly 30 yrs and intend to keep it that way...too many clowns in this game, that will bring it on top for the decent folks because they can't use their heads??

• Like 2

all pups be them lurchers. terriers gundogs or what ever they are are supposed to be chipped by the  breeder in their name before they are sold to new owners then transferred by the new owner its so the powers that be can make 17 quid out of the breeder and the same for the new owner its all about money

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Last few I've bought in or been gifted had not been to a vet until I  booked them in for jabs and then they get microchipped in your name round here...never been asked about docking certs etc...

All I know is it became law in England,Scotland,Wales in April 2016 for chipping before they leave to go to there new homes an it’s down to new owners to go on pet log to change details it carries a fine if not carried out by the breeder I think it’s a £500 fine but guess it’s down to who buys the pup if there questioned at there vet if they rat you out or not. Tbh it’s all a money making exercise for them to extort money out of people you pay a £10 for a chip an the new owners pays 10-15£ to change details....it’s a stitch up job!.When I done my litter the pups that already had homes I got there owners details prior if they had names for em the ones that hadn’t named them but were spoken for i named them as a colour same as pups that wasn’t spoken for they were named as a colour.... just a money making exercise an to see who’s breeding what an how often 

• Like 3