Pellets.. Just not good enough

All those years we used beatall and marksman pellets from the local corner shop and they seemed to work ok. I don’t think we knew any better or even if there was any better available. My local hardware shop still sells marksman. They’ve just gone up though, from £1:37 to £1:50 for a box of 200. I might just treat myself ?

• Like 2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to get a life ?

All those years we used beatall and marksman pellets from the local corner shop and they seemed to work ok. I don’t think we knew any better or even if there was any better available. My local hardwar

Recently I've been experimenting with a wide range of pellets in different spring Rifles...  I have to say I thought I'd found that H&N Field Target Trophy pellets wee pretty good, then I got

Posted Images

13 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Two and half hour zero ! 
Im done in 10 minutes mate ,pellet on pellet .

Have you factored in the inconsistency of your springers !
No two power levels ever the same apparently .

I think you missed the point dude. 

I keep shooting cos I've enjoy it, and it's difficult not like shooting a diving bottle with a trigger. Know what I mean 

Edited by JakeFury
On 08/03/2021 at 21:46, Gaoler said:

My HW97K .22 likes the Weirhauch pellets, H&N on the tin, not sure if they are different to standard H&N?

HW95K .177 likes AA Field Diablo in 4.52, groups superb, I have some Weirhauch in .177 4.50 but haven’t tried them yet!

Both rifles are Vortek tuned by agrtuning...

Our hw’s might of come out the same batch. Trophies in me 97... actually never tried anything else. No need. And Fields in me 98. Nuff said. 

• Like 1
On 10/03/2021 at 00:16, Rez said:

Our hw’s might of come out the same batch. Trophies in me 97... actually never tried anything else. No need. And Fields in me 98. Nuff said. 

My 97 loves AA 451 and 452, they group different at distance I'm yet. To work out exactly how, as the 97 is majorly in bits for comp fettling.. 451s defo better at 25yards 452 more at 55 Yards, as the tuning is tested and really coming on the groups are getting miniscule which is a happy feeling... Hopefully it doesn't fly apart. Lol.. 

22 hours ago, JakeFury said:

My 97 loves AA 451 and 452, they group different at distance I'm yet. To work out exactly how, as the 97 is majorly in bits for comp fettling.. 451s defo better at 25yards 452 more at 55 Yards, as the tuning is tested and really coming on the groups are getting miniscule which is a happy feeling... Hopefully it doesn't fly apart. Lol.. 

What ya done to these rifles of yours then Jake lad? I’m intrigued, as the cut of your jib is always around the builds of your set ups... come on, spill the beans mukka ?

Get some damn pix up too. 

X

Just now, Rez said:

What ya done to these rifles of yours then Jake lad? I’m intrigued, as the cut of your jib is always around the builds of your set ups... come on, spill the beans mukka ?

Get some damn pix up too. 

X

Apologies. I must of been wrecked. Again. I’ve asked you the same question about 3 times now. Ffff’F’sake.

22 hours ago, Rez said:

Apologies. I must of been wrecked. Again. I’ve asked you the same question about 3 times now. Ffff’F’sake.

Simply experimenting with tuning. 

I've found a guy that sells Nylon 66 bits that are very good quality. I prefer them to Delrin.. 

I've got a shortstroke 97, that I've been working on lightening the inerds in a different way from normal. I hope to market that tune at some point. 

I've got some Chinese guns I practised on.. A Remington Express, I reduced the torque reaction recoil with the Nylon66 parts 

I've just gotta a brand new Cometa Fenix S Star Carbine. I'll have to tune that to get some lube on it! It's full of crystalline grease but is an amazing gun very light. 

I'll take some pics if ya like. But I'll keep thr piston idea to myself, it might not even work or work for long without flying apart! 

The best bit about the 97 is that it's a Nickel (stainless) blackline model. I've put in a modified Sportster stock with an adjustable comb and hamster.. I'm getting the guts together to refinish the stock this weekend... Cross ya fingers I don't feck it up. Lol

39 minutes ago, JakeFury said:

Simply experimenting with tuning. 

I've found a guy that sells Nylon 66 bits that are very good quality. I prefer them to Delrin.. 

I've got a shortstroke 97, that I've been working on lightening the inerds in a different way from normal. I hope to market that tune at some point. 

I've got some Chinese guns I practised on.. A Remington Express, I reduced the torque reaction recoil with the Nylon66 parts 

I've just gotta a brand new Cometa Fenix S Star Carbine. I'll have to tune that to get some lube on it! It's full of crystalline grease but is an amazing gun very light. 

I'll take some pics if ya like. But I'll keep thr piston idea to myself, it might not even work or work for long without flying apart! 

The best bit about the 97 is that it's a Nickel (stainless) blackline model. I've put in a modified Sportster stock with an adjustable comb and hamster.. I'm getting the guts together to refinish the stock this weekend... Cross ya fingers I don't feck it up. Lol

Ya’ve got taste then mukka. 

B93304A6-3216-433B-838C-8678C2D6466B.jpeg

On 09/03/2021 at 13:36, Dervburner said:

All those years we used beatall and marksman pellets from the local corner shop and they seemed to work ok. I don’t think we knew any better or even if there was any better available. My local hardware shop still sells marksman. They’ve just gone up though, from £1:37 to £1:50 for a box of 200. I might just treat myself ?

Oh wow I didn't know they where still about, in my childhood in the 90,s I used to buy a tin of 500 for £2.50. That was my weekly pocket money gone. Them and hustlers in the yellow plastic twist top tub (£2.99)  I used to think they where high power with two sealing rings ?

Eleys for me, wasps I guess, used to get tiny groups out of em at mega range with my Baikal. I'm hoping to somehow get my Baikal and Mercury shipped back from France. My Mum has em... The Baikal is a level lock break barrel mech... And is.. Insanely accurate. I mean Walnuts at 100 yards on summer days in a sheltered garden, but over and over, I love that thing. 

2 hours ago, tomburras said:

Oh wow I didn't know they where still about, in my childhood in the 90,s I used to buy a tin of 500 for £2.50. That was my weekly pocket money gone. Them and hustlers in the yellow plastic twist top tub (£2.99)  I used to think they where high power with two sealing rings ?

3 hours ago, Rez said:

Ya’ve got taste then mukka. 

B93304A6-3216-433B-838C-8678C2D6466B.jpeg

Ahhh Blimey don't the Nickel look good against the wood.. I tried to order one like that, but Hull said they weren't Domino's Pizza and I couldn't make my own. So I was like.. F that.. It'll cost a bit more. But I found a friend to do the combe and Hamster, beech, but I wanted a Sportster, I did consider an LAP and a CS500 that's a 500 inst it on yours?.... Walnut would be nice. But I wanted to mess around with it, for that mega custom standard look. 

Some dick from the other forum who tunes guns with no understanding as basic physics. Told me the setup wouldn't work... So far he's worse than wrong lol... Simple short stroke was good, then I messed about with Nylon66 guides in place of Delrin, and no this special piston and one off spring... Its all semi in bits. But I'll do you some other pics. 

I turned a Remington Express to 11.2 Ftlb polished and honed new seals guides and Nylon66 and that shoots one hole groups. It's well over budget on scopes and mounts mind o do thst.. But it just goes to show. 

I wish I could find some enthusiasm for PCPs but they are so f***ing ugly... Haha don't shoot me. I'll never buy one. Tbh.. 

19 hours ago, JakeFury said:

Ahhh Blimey don't the Nickel look good against the wood.. I tried to order one like that, but Hull said they weren't Domino's Pizza and I couldn't make my own. So I was like.. F that.. It'll cost a bit more. But I found a friend to do the combe and Hamster, beech, but I wanted a Sportster, I did consider an LAP and a CS500 that's a 500 inst it on yours?.... Walnut would be nice. But I wanted to mess around with it, for that mega custom standard look. 

Some dick from the other forum who tunes guns with no understanding as basic physics. Told me the setup wouldn't work... So far he's worse than wrong lol... Simple short stroke was good, then I messed about with Nylon66 guides in place of Delrin, and no this special piston and one off spring... Its all semi in bits. But I'll do you some other pics. 

I turned a Remington Express to 11.2 Ftlb polished and honed new seals guides and Nylon66 and that shoots one hole groups. It's well over budget on scopes and mounts mind o do thst.. But it just goes to show. 

I wish I could find some enthusiasm for PCPs but they are so f***ing ugly... Haha don't shoot me. I'll never buy one. Tbh.. 

800 mate. Got a 500 on me 98. Still getting used to it be honest. 

09555ECF-5D3F-4B59-8BEF-167F1E2391CF.jpeg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, JakeFury said:

How many times have I heard that ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rez said:

800 mate. Got a 500 on me 98. Still getting used to it be honest. 

09555ECF-5D3F-4B59-8BEF-167F1E2391CF.jpeg

That's lush.. I have been thinking of getting one. But I'm quite keen on a Lightening XL... Cos I'm "ckin mad haha... 

1 hour ago, villaman said:

How many times have I heard that ?

I know mate, honest I've tried. HW, BSA not FX or Daystate mind, but it wasn't windy and I was just sat there slotting the bull, and matey says this is great, and I was thinking.... No it isn't..  What can I say I don't like the way they look or shoot. I've tried!... I'm just a springer bloke. Partly also because I like to take them to bits and try and make them better.. My new Cometa shoots one hole groups with a Carbine 400S Star 300 quid ish I think... 289?... Its living on borrowed time, as I can tell the spring needs decoupling from the piston as it recoils up and right.... Brand new and its coming to bits soon haha.. Its just a pump with a barrel... 

Still it's shooting and any shooter is good with me.