Looking for a jill

Doing that may be difficult as the ferrets you have already may be related to the ones you get and that is something you don’t want. Getting new blood from someone who you know and the ferrets are not related is a very important thing. This is a problem we are starting to see in Australia where I live as not a lot of people have ferrets.  My mate is currently looking for some new blood to breed his fire ball ferrets with he is very particular on the colours. I have heard of one bloke who bought some ferrets another state in Australia and had them sent down to him on jet pet ca$t quite a few dollars but he did say it was worth it.  Maybe that is why the price of ferrets are so high. People at the moment are asking up to $250 Australian dollars.  Good luck buddy hope you find what you are looking for. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Guss33 said:

Doing that may be difficult as the ferrets you have already may be related to the ones you get and that is something you don’t want. Getting new blood from someone who you know and the ferrets are not related is a very important thing. This is a problem we are starting to see in Australia where I live as not a lot of people have ferrets.  My mate is currently looking for some new blood to breed his fire ball ferrets with he is very particular on the colours. I have heard of one bloke who bought some ferrets another state in Australia and had them sent down to him on jet pet ca$t quite a few dollars but he did say it was worth it.  Maybe that is why the price of ferrets are so high. People at the moment are asking up to $250 Australian dollars.  Good luck buddy hope you find what you are looking for. 

If you are into breeding them it would be good to keep a few different lines and when they get too close you can use the other line in the breeding so you don't breed them into a corner. as you say you have to watch the ones you bring in aren't related to yours.

• Like 1