15 minutes ago, baker boy said:

What is the coverage like on bare blocks mate

I got 4m2 out of the first thinned coat and then 2.5m2 from the rest of the 2.5lt tin. So being generous that's 2.6m2 per litre coverage!

The manufacturer quoted approximately 8m2 per litre...

It's not fully gone off yet but it does feel good. I've got another 5lt coming to finish this pen and do the other. I expect the coverage quote is for smooth concrete whereas the blocks are much more grainy and porous than a concrete slab or render or whatever.

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about finished.  

They’re tucked away so difficult to get pics of but I did it that way for security. Bedded on insulated ply boxes. I had intentions of building fitted raised boxes in the cubby but it’s a touch t

I've seen the drain created with a glass bottle,scoop out some concrete and rub the bottle back and forth till you get a really smoot finish,looked fantastic,painted it with bitcumastic black paint,la

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Let’s see the finish when you done please pal, not whole garden like just a few blocks ? got a bare block box here thinking about knocking down, or tarting up 

I'll stick photos up when done mate.

Pretty proud of my garden though too, so you might have to suffer my raspberries and roses! :laugh:

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Would you under coat the next job? Or do it same way?

Same way but I don't know shit. The stuff is too pricey to risk it not adhering well. Last thing ya want is a f***ing great sheet or rubber peeling off the wall after a few months.

Mind, that still could happen, I'm not a decorator and the brickies cleaned out my funds to be able to pay for one :laugh:

that black terrier is going to clash with the colour so i advise you ship him over to me and i'll house him in a white and grey kennel....he will blend in way better then ...and no one ever said it was going to be easy lol....

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

that black terrier is going to clash with the colour so i advise you ship him over to me and i'll house him in a white and grey kennel....he will blend in way better then ...and no one ever said it was going to be easy lol....

:laugh:

Hes turned out a very reliable little dog. :thumbs:

11 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

11 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

but unfortunately the wrong colour for that blockwork lol.......hes a nice type ..

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...