Anyway.......About this covid/vaccine

3 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Your absolutely crazy not wearing a mask in the gym don’t you know people breathe out more when there exercising, I wouldn’t take the risk if I was you 

You need to get out more and you'll see folk going about their business as normal, come to the gym and it may amaze you at the stuff we are doing.

No masks, non of this wiping all the equipment down like you at work, I even drank a protein shake made by someone at the counter. 😁

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bumped into south hams and king yesterday.   

Went out for a drink at weekend with a bloke who has just been told his wife has terminal cancer with months to live. They have a son in my sons year, just 8 year old.  She has had stomach issues

even you lot that have had the jab or are about to get it ......must see thats its fundamentally wrong to go down this route of incentive or discrimination...  and are you not asking yourselfs wh

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Mate, I get it... I enjoy this place because there are views that challenge my 'normal" way of thinking, and people not worried about saying it...Good!!

But like you, when I leave the forum I crack on with my life, and how I want to live... I dont pretend I do any different either.... so sitting around scratching my balls is a given on a wet Saturday...lol

Well, it’s a boiling hot Saturday here and at 5pm I’ll be dragging my double jabbed, overweight 50 year old arse off to football for a 7:30 kick off……but today is for charging the batteries…..I’ll need them ! Lol 😂 

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Some planning and building rules are a bit arbitrary, but we have them for a reason;

Imagine buying a bit of land out in the country, next to a nice trout lake or salmon river and building your idyllic  home.

Next thing some company is building a chemical factory on your doorstep and pumping effluent into the water !

Civillised society has to live by rules, otherwise its anarchy and the rich and powerful get, well, even more rich and powerful.

Its not ideal, but we're not China, Russia, North Korea, Cuba, etc, (well not just yet 👍 ).

Cheers.

Yes, I get that mate - it's good that they can stop big firms from completely taking the piss. 

........ They should be protecting the folk that put them in power and pay their wages.

The bit I don't like is that ordinary folk are given so many obstacles and restrictions if they want to buy land and build a family home - it even goes as far as how the construction of the building is classified.  Try getting a mortgage or loan on something that's been classified as non standard construction. Most people won't even try because of all the red tape and fees involved. 

Maybe I'm looking at it simply but It's a freedom that I think we should have, without all of the awkwardness - you buy a bit of land, it should be yours to do with as you please.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Well, it’s a boiling hot Saturday here and at 5pm I’ll be dragging my double jabbed, overweight 50 year old arse off to football for a 7:30 kick off……but today is for charging the batteries…..I’ll need them ! Lol 😂 

Good luck with that one mate!! Lol

Got back from Milton Keynes at 3am this morning, started at 6am yesterday, was one of my longer days at it!! Lol

Glad I was double jabbed, I heard it gives you extra energy...😉😁

• Haha 1
Just now, Jonjon79 said:

Yes, I get that mate - it's good that they can stop big firms from completely taking the piss. 

........ They should be protecting the folk that put them in power and pay their wages.

The bit I don't like is that ordinary folk are given so many obstacles and restrictions if they want to buy land and build a family home - it even goes as far as how the construction of the building is classified.  Try getting a mortgage or loan on something that's been classified as non standard construction. Most people won't even try because of all the red tape and fees involved. 

Maybe I'm looking at it simply but It's a freedom that I think we should have, without all of the awkwardness - you buy a bit of land, it should be yours to do with as you please.

That’s it mate, if you can build vast estates and destroy massive amounts of habitat while causing and environmental disaster for a load of odd marks, the you should allow your ordinary British bloke to build his own home with minimum hassle……it’s would be a simple thing to make it a condition that he can’t just cash it in to make money.

• Like 1

That said - I'd happily buy a half acre plot, build a half brick, half timber home with a veranda and sit in a rocking chair with a shotgun waiting for HMRC to come down the drive :laugh:

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Good luck with that one mate!! Lol

Got back from Milton Keynes at 3am this morning, started at 6am yesterday, was one of my longer days at it!! Lol

Glad I was double jabbed, I heard it gives you extra energy...😉😁

Done a few 20 hour shifts in Milton Keynes myself……it’s up there on the list of the most depressing things in life ! Lol 

Makes coming home to that lovely place of yours in Devon even sweeter mate 👍

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

That’s it mate, if you can build vast estates and destroy massive amounts of habitat while causing and environmental disaster for a load of odd marks, the you should allow your ordinary British bloke to build his own home with minimum hassle……it’s would be a simple thing to make it a condition that he can’t just cash it in to make money.

Agreed 100% - that would stop folk from exploiting it and encourage the genuine cases.

It would also go a little way to giving people a bit of pride in something.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Agreed 100% - that would stop folk from exploiting it and encourage the genuine cases.

Shame none of its about that isn’t it mate. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Couple near me had a lovely place in Devon, built themselves their own cob house in their own wood.

Totally off grid and a bit new age for some but it was theirs…….council slung them off.

They live here now because like me it was the place they could come to be very rural and still be able to own their own homestead outright.

Decent people mate…..forced out of their own country.

I think stuff like that is just criminal 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Greb147 said:

That's it really, I'm in the same situation. Our lass has been listening to conspiracy theories off her mates so doesn't want it.

Listen, if you're worried about the side effects then fair enough.

The best bet would be to avoid both the vaccine and the virus if possible but for those that want a life it becomes quite difficult.

I'm not worried about side effects I just don't fancy sticking something in me I don't think I need or really fully understand to be honest greb if it bites me on the arse then it's mine and mine alone fault and I take full responsibility as for having a life not having it hasn't effected me or mine one bit if that changes I will look and deal with it 

• Like 3

Tell you one thing lads, if you want a bit of perspective turn on Channel 4 and watch the FA disability cup……there’s young kids on there without limbs playing football, braver than many of us will ever be.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, WILF said:

Couple near me had a lovely place in Devon, built themselves their own cob house in their own wood.

Totally off grid and a bit new age for some but it was theirs…….council slung them off.

They live here now because like me it was the place they could come to be very rural and still be able to own their own homestead outright.

Decent people mate…..forced out of their own country.

I think stuff like that is just criminal 

I think I remember reading about that - it was a bit like a hobbit house in the woods, grass roof and everything?

If it's the same people, the local council should be ashamed of themselves, they weren't causing any harm.

I suppose the way they did it, there wasn't much for the council to tax them for :hmm:

Just now, Jonjon79 said:

I think I remember reading about that - it was a bit like a hobbit house in the woods, grass roof and everything?

If it's the same people, the local council should be ashamed of themselves, they weren't causing any harm.

I suppose the way they did it, there wasn't much for the council to tax them for :hmm:

Thats them mate 👍