Anyway.......About this covid/vaccine

7 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

That’s what is happening, over a hundred pages in and you still haven’t understood that no-one has been forced to take the vaccine.
Answer me this though..., do you think if 100% of the population were vaccinated, that less people would die of covid, than if say only 50% were?? Bear in mind that there are no proven lethal side effects of the vaccine, but over 100k have died of covid so far.

And as for restrictions, that’s for countries, companies and individuals to decide. You want the freedom to decide if you get vaccinated, up to others to decide on how to protect their citizens, businesses etc.

Tell me this

why is everything I read about the vaccines is

you can still get Covid and transmit it

the vaccines only last 3-6 months and you need another.

to me this smells, why would honestly take something that isn’t proven yet.

just read that there is new law changes....

now illegal to leave the U.K. for a holiday or get a 5K fine

and it will be illegal to have a peaceful protest.

what sort of fckn country is it turning into?

• Like 3

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bumped into south hams and king yesterday.   

Can you all please stop the bickering. All c**ts in equal measures.    greb is the most irritating prick to ever have graced this embarrassment of a site.    south hams is a f***ing

Went out for a drink at weekend with a bloke who has just been told his wife has terminal cancer with months to live. They have a son in my sons year, just 8 year old.  She has had stomach issues

Posted Images

Not following this thread, because I really couldn't give a fukk.

Just clicked now because I saw Ted had posted. And that makes it the only fukking post for me to glance at.

Yep. This is straight out Civil War material! They're fukking Dividing you. Those who swear the govt. is a benevolent thing, there to be warm and caring. Vs. Those who think they're about as benevolent as a battery hen farm owner.

Only two things I'm seeing here, at a casual, occasional glance:

The Cuddly Govt. Jab me up! side are getting a pat on the head and a lifetimes supply of KY.

Those who Dare to question? Well, yeah. Probably end up getting to wear a fukking inverted triangle again.

Great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

Tell me this

Not everything says that vaccines don’t prevent spread. Thing I’ve found with this virus is everyone is an expert, and speculation is their currency. Scientists deal in facts and evidence, so when someone asks “will the vaccine prevent spread”?, they might say, “we think so, but need more data”. But the stoners and anti-establishment tin-foil hat types just hear “no”..., which is all they want to hear. There’s more than a few on here. Only time (and more study) will tell though.

WWW.ADVISORY.COM

A handful of recent studies suggest that the coronavirus vaccines...

As for taking the vaccine, that has to be (and is) the choice for the individual. If I was say a 60 year old carrying a bit of weight, I’d be beating the door down to get it, but if I was a 20 year old healthy girl, then I’d have real doubts. That’s rational to me. What I think can’t be argued, is that these vaccines are saving lives by protecting those most vulnerable to dying of covid. 
As for the measures taken to date, by not only the UK government, but by almost every country’s government around the world. I think some are too draconian, and some are likely to be of very little value but.., I’ve said before it’s the easiest job in the world to sit with 20/20 hindsight and criticise the decisions of those who were forced to make them. But I don’t buy what some on here are selling, that the pandemic is some elaborate worldwide ruse to control the masses. I think governments have an impossible task, if pleasing everyone is their aim. What seems an unnecessary restriction to one person, might be a life saver for another. What’s been apparent throughout this, is that many people are prepared to think only of themselves. That’s shocked some, but not me. ‘Selfishness’ is just a human trait, much stronger in some than in others. But the few spoil it for the many, and so heavy handed governing is inevitable. I don’t think the UK government is nearly as ‘bad’ as many countries though. Bottom line is, I believe vaccination is the route to brighter days, but covid is here to stay.., and so are restrictions, periodic booster jabs etc., so might as well get used to it. And it’s not what our country is ‘turning into’, it’s the whole world.
NB. most of what I’ve written isn’t directed at you Ted, just my opinion in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Not following this thread, because I really couldn't give a fukk.

Just clicked now because I saw Ted had posted. And that makes it the only fukking post for me to glance at.

Yep. This is straight out Civil War material! They're fukking Dividing you. Those who swear the govt. is a benevolent thing, there to be warm and caring. Vs. Those who think they're about as benevolent as a battery hen farm owner.

Only two things I'm seeing here, at a casual, occasional glance:

The Cuddly Govt. Jab me up! side are getting a pat on the head and a lifetimes supply of KY.

Those who Dare to question? Well, yeah. Probably end up getting to wear a fukking inverted triangle again.

Great.

Have a read through mate - Ted put up a really good post about British made cooking utensils on here a while back :yes:

2 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Tell me this

The smell is people like king shitting themselves, after swallowing a huge dose of government bullshit and to your final query it’s turning into the kind of country our controlling leaders would like us all to live in with the full backing and support of the shit scared that just fall in line the second they are threatened with loosing a fortnight in Benidorm 🤔🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
31 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Not everything says that vaccines don’t prevent spread. Thing I’ve found with this virus is everyone is an expert, and speculation is their currency. Scientists deal in facts and evidence, so when someone asks “will the vaccine prevent spread”?, they might say, “we think so, but need more data”. But the stoners and anti-establishment tin-foil hat types just hear “no”..., which is all they want to hear. There’s more than a few on here. Only time (and more study) will tell though.

WWW.ADVISORY.COM

A handful of recent studies suggest that the coronavirus vaccines...

As for taking the vaccine, that has to be (and is) the choice for the individual. If I was say a 60 year old carrying a bit of weight, I’d be beating the door down to get it, but if I was a 20 year old healthy girl, then I’d have real doubts. That’s rational to me. What I think can’t be argued, is that these vaccines are saving lives by protecting those most vulnerable to dying of covid. 
As for the measures taken to date, by not only the UK government, but by almost every country’s government around the world. I think some are too draconian, and some are likely to be of very little value but.., I’ve said before it’s the easiest job in the world to sit with 20/20 hindsight and criticise the decisions of those who were forced to make them. But I don’t buy what some on here are selling, that the pandemic is some elaborate worldwide ruse to control the masses. I think governments have an impossible task, if pleasing everyone is their aim. What seems an unnecessary restriction to one person, might be a life saver for another. What’s been apparent throughout this, is that many people are prepared to think only of themselves. That’s shocked some, but not me. ‘Selfishness’ is just a human trait, much stronger in some than in others. But the few spoil it for the many, and so heavy handed governing is inevitable. I don’t think the UK government is nearly as ‘bad’ as many countries though. Bottom line is, I believe vaccination is the route to brighter days, but covid is here to stay.., and so are restrictions, periodic booster jabs etc., so might as well get used to it. And it’s not what our country is ‘turning into’, it’s the whole world.
NB. most of what I’ve written isn’t directed at you Ted, just my opinion in general.

Your idolising vaccines as if there miracles,no vaccine can stop you spreading anything,I'm stupid but can still work this out....

If vaccines stop the spread,then we can get rid of covid never to return again,yes

it doesn't take a genius to work that out,take your tin foil hat of for a minute,or do you believe everything your tin foil hat brigade tell you?

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Seems despite the media’s best effort to portray a united front ,, we are all in this together ,, a few cracks may be appearing 

Oh no look pesky,people breaking covid guidelines,quick phone Boris or macron

9 hours ago, baker boy said:

Thats a choice an adult has to make like not smoking drinking and taking drugs while pregnant, no-one is forcing women of child bearing age to get vaccinated

Saying jabs for care staff going to be made compulsory due to low uptake in vax 

Thats not a choice is it as unborns or kids won’t get a choice of restrictions are placed on parents who need to pay Mortgauges and feed them ect 

Anyone still thinking it’s a total free choice are either kidding themselfs or backward .

• Like 1
On 06/03/2021 at 18:25, chartpolski said:

Yeah, it'll cost £200 and you have to satisfy certain criteria, like having a vaccine passport.

Worse than Nort Korea ! 😂 !

Cheers.

Reap what we sow 👍

3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Tell me this

One a good few on here seem to agree with just so they can disagree with me ffs lol 🤣👍

26 minutes ago, Francie said:

Your idolising vaccines as if there miracles,no vaccine can stop you spreading anything,I'm stupid but can still work this out....

If vaccines stop the spread,then we can get rid of covid never to return again,yes

it doesn't take a genius to work that out,take your tin foil hat of for a minute,or do you believe everything your tin foil hat brigade tell you?

Not miracles Francie, but more miraculous than anything you could show me. And if by ‘idolising’, you mean I believe they work, then yes. The numbers prove it, not only for covid but a whole host of illnesses. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The smell is people like king shitting themselves, after swallowing a huge dose of government bullshit and to your final query it’s turning into the kind of country our controlling leaders would like us all to live in with the full backing and support of the shit scared that just fall in line the second they are threatened with loosing a fortnight in Benidorm 🤔🤔

Thank feck you haven't got a son with 1 lung and a wife with COPD ey..who are both classed as vunerable to covid-19.

And yet you take the piss out of me for trying my best to protect my family by staying in and wearing gloves and masks etc..

And all the while you won't believe the scientists or professors.big big difference between being a scientist and painting canal boats ey..so get back to your brush there's a good lad.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Grow up you f****n arsehole.

You wouldn't say it to my face or I'd knock you clean out you internet warrior. 

Send me location😁

• Haha 2