Dental crowns

Mate the wife has just got home she is a dental receptionist she NHS is £282.80 and thats a metal one. Private from £450 to £700 but this vary from practice to practice .

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1

One of the daughters is a nurse who worked on a ward where the work was on the head.  Cancers, facial traumas, maxilo facial imjuries ( vehicle crash damage ) and serious dental issues.  Some people are very nervous to the point of collapse  about even coming in the hospital.  The staff help them by putting  a small amount of a drug (midazolam)  into some Orange juice.  This calms them down and they can come in and get the dental work done.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Meece said:

One of the daughters is a nurse who worked on a ward where the work was on the head.  Cancers, facial traumas, maxilo facial imjuries ( vehicle crash damage ) and serious dental issues.  Some people are very nervous to the point of collapse  about even coming in the hospital.  The staff help them by putting  a small amount of a drug (midazolam)  into some Orange juice.  This calms them down and they can come in and get the dental work done.

Not sure drugging someone’s drink is helping, call me old fashioned ?

Just now, Greb147 said:

Hahaha, no he just had them done over here instead of the usual trip to Turkey. 

Risky business that implant game, if your body rejects them it's bad news. 

My younger daughter is an implant nurse, only does a couple of days a week now, but before having kids she was flown to other country,s in her bosses private plane to sell there wares, it’s serious money, ?

31 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Tell the missus her peas are scabby and then when she wallops you one turn your head at the right time and get it knocked out, job done and what you save you can spend on concrete ? 

Knowing my luck she would knock the wrong one out! 

• Haha 1

I had one done in 2019 it was £195, within a few months it had split on the inner part, went back and they ground it down a bit and said see how it goes.

Few months later it completely cracked, couldn't go to dentist then because of the covid situation, had to fight my corner with the fecker's then to replace the crown.

They eventually agreed to do it, went back and then the crown was a poor fit everytime i went to have it fitted, he's had 3 attempts already, feckin pain in the arse.

SINDASOX

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SINDASOX said:

They eventually agreed to do it, went back and then the crown was a poor fit everytime i went to have it fitted, he's had 3 attempts already, feckin pain in the arse.

:icon_eek: Perhaps if they tried putting it in ye fukking mouth?!

• Haha 3
On 05/03/2021 at 19:04, Greyman said:

Not sure drugging someone’s drink is helping, call me old fashioned ?

You mis understand.   They don't go out and slip em a Mickey Finn.  That would go against all rules and protocols.   The patient is advised and if they don't want help they go back away to the painful situation that they were in.  The nurses don't go out and give em a welt with a cosh when they're not looking.  It's like the jab. No one is forced to have it. If people  don't want it they have the potential to go down with the disease which is really unpleasant which if it doesn't kill them it has the potential to leave the person at risk of side effects which last for a long time potentially for the rest of ones life. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Meece said:

You mis understand.   They don't go out and slip em a Mickey Finn.  That would go against all rules and protocols.   The patient is advised and if they don't want help they go back away to the painful situation that they were in.  The nurses don't go out and give em a welt with a cosh when they're not looking.  It's like the jab. No one is forced to have it. If people  don't want it they have the potential to go down with the disease which is really unpleasant which if it doesn't kill them it has the potential to leave the person at risk of side effects which last for a long time potentially for the rest of ones life. 

Just jesting mate ?