Dental crowns

Now I'm fcking terrified of dentists after years of visiting the local one who was little more than a frustrated butcher. About 5 years ago I decided to go private and the difference was amazing. Totally pain free, nice attitude and a completely different service. I'd pay about £80 for a filling or dental hygienist so it wasn't daft expensive. 

Now I've been told I need a crown on a back tooth..... I'm  going back next week for full check up and discuss costs. 

How much is it likely to cost?..... Are they going to proper have my pants down? 

31 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

Has to be done with 2 appointments within a fortnight, I’m pretty sure it’s about £385 for a porcelain crown and 50/50 whether it’s successful or not...

Think that's NHS price isn't it? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Now I'm fcking terrified of dentists after years of visiting the local one who was little more than a frustrated butcher. About 5 years ago I decided to go private and the difference was amazing. Totally pain free, nice attitude and a completely different service. I'd pay about £80 for a filling or dental hygienist so it wasn't daft expensive. 

Now I've been told I need a crown on a back tooth..... I'm  going back next week for full check up and discuss costs. 

How much is it likely to cost?..... Are they going to proper have my pants down? 

My daughter is having one at the moment, think it’s around 600 sovs if it don’t affect your smile get the pliers out ?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah someone said only last about 15 years 

I know a girl that swallowed her crown then spent 3 days sieveing through her own shit washed it off and took it back to the dentist to refit, she said it cost her £400 and was not getting away that easy ?

• Haha 4

Wife has had a mission with one .  It ain't just the cost of one visit eg the cost of a crown. It is a series of visits..  examination (rough costs).. (£50) .... cleaning (50)....60..... filling....... 50 ...60  Xray ? Crown £500 total somewhere in the region of a £1000.!!!! So not just the pain of a tooth problem.  they did offer to do the job on a sort of per month payment but I don't know what any extra interest there would be.

I told her not to keep getting into fights.?????  she didn't take to kindly to that and now I've got to pay a visit. ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I'd have 'em take the fukker out and save yourself a fortune!

I'm shit scared of dentist. If they still did general anesthetic I'd have it out in a flash