15 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Turn your back on him ,piss off if needs be prepared 2 wait ,sounds like the teenage twats kicking in 

I just had the first stage of that about s month back. Fine again now, waiting for the second lot in s few months.

Pups 6 months now.

Cheers, D.

IMG_20210302_145612.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dytkos said:

I just had the first stage of that about s month back. Fine again now, waiting for the second lot in s few months.

Pups 6 months now.

Cheers, D.

IMG_20210302_145612.jpg

I'm also having lot of fun wi that stage atm dave?

20210124_085046.jpg

• Like 3

As has been said above, but with the addition of Aussie Whip's "ignore the behaviour." Just turn around and walk in the opposite direction and make a fuss when they come to you...no matter how much you want to do the opposite...else you'll be reprimanding it for coming back. I've never known this technique to fail, although you have to make sure there are no eejits around who insist on making a fuss of your dog when it's ignoring you...and then apologise by saying, "Sorry, I probably wasn't helping was I?"...and then they do the same thing again the next time you meet them. What gives you the impression I'm writing from recent personal experience?? On these occasions, I find the best approach is to get the dog back on the lead, possibly with the unfortunate help of aforementioned eejit, and to stay calm and not let it off under "those" circumstances when you're sure it won't come back. Sometimes it's just easier to admit defeat short term for the long term gain.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'd never try recall training whilst the pup is the presence of another dog mate. ?

I’d practice recalling with other dogs on a walk as young dogs follow copy older dogs but wouldn’t call it training as such id call it just fitting in with day to day life an learning what’s expected of them i think it’s a easy way of showing a young dog tbh that’s a bit rebellious without it feeling overwhelming an as a training exercise soon gets in its head what the crack is but wouldn’t trying it with dogs that haven’t got no recall there selfs of dogs that are not obedient 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

I’d practice recalling with other dogs on a walk as young dogs follow copy older dogs but wouldn’t call it training as such id call it just fitting in with day to day life an learning what’s expected of them i think it’s a easy way of showing a young dog tbh that’s a bit rebellious without it feeling overwhelming an as a training exercise soon gets in its head what the crack is but wouldn’t trying it with dogs that haven’t got no recall there selfs of dogs that are not obedient 

I don't know, dogs can be super jealous and that can cause problems with recall. 

If you have a steady older dog then that will help but even pups get jealous. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I don't know, dogs can be super jealous and that can cause problems with recall. 

If you have a steady older dog then that will help but even pups get jealous. 

What do you mean as in a older dog nailing a pup for coming in to recall? I wouldn’t stand for none of that but if you had a dog like that it’d need to be put in place! Wouldn’t stand for none of that on my watch

jealous pup that’s perfect the stuff dreams are made of a ease to show anything an to get to do your bidding perfection ??

ive noticed with my time with dogs what works for one man won’t work for another every man/women needs to find out what makes there dogs tick an respond to certain things nothing is set in stone I’ve never had a dog that won’t follow commands yet I put it down to me being a chilled out character with dogs I show no anger with the patents of a saint but found heavy terrier blooded Lurchers more of a challenge especially the beddy blooded variety herding blooded Lurchers are a piece of piss to train 

18 minutes ago, poxon said:

What do you mean as in a older dog nailing a pup for coming in to recall? I wouldn’t stand for none of that but if you had a dog like that it’d need to be put in place! Wouldn’t stand for none of that on my watch

jealous pup that’s perfect the stuff dreams are made of a ease to show anything an to get to do your bidding perfection ??

ive noticed with my time with dogs what works for one man won’t work for another every man/women needs to find out what makes there dogs tick an respond to certain things nothing is set in stone I’ve never had a dog that won’t follow commands yet I put it down to me being a chilled out character with dogs I show no anger with the patents of a saint but found heavy terrier blooded Lurchers more of a challenge especially the beddy blooded variety herding blooded Lurchers are a piece of piss to train 

Sorry I've misread the thread, I thought he was talking about retrieving. ?

I'd not long been up so excuse me. ?

• Like 1

Interesting thought ...... do people actually do like proper recall training sessions ? I’ve never really felt The need unless a problem dog, mostly they want to be around you when pups anyway and if you’re out and about doing interesting stuff they just kind of follow you abs come to you, suppose the other dogs play a big role. 

• Like 3

Same goes with stock breaking i don’t actually go out of my way to do it , there’s so many sheep here they just become part of the scenery and pups tend to pick up on older dogs not chasing , iv had the odd young dog not get back in the car at the end of a walk but tends to sort itself out 

• Like 1