Born ,yesterday

These guys arrived a few days early.  Sugar had a total of 13 but 2 were still born and as of this morning all the pups seem well fed and had no interest in a bottle feed .This is her first litter.The Dam is 50 %  whippet , bird dog ( GSH pointer,visla )and the Sire is 50% Greyhound ,WHP ,beardy. Both parents are workers .20210304_080128.jpg.6369015396c08759cd925a6712ac85c7.jpg

20210304_080509.jpg

20210304_080611.jpg

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 19

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These guys arrived a few days early.  Sugar had a total of 13 but 2 were still born and as of this morning all the pups seem well fed and had no interest in a bottle feed .This is her first litter.The

After all the pups had gone ,a guy whom I know contacted me asking if any were left, as he was looking for a running dog .I thought about the matter over night & replied he could have one of the t

Posted Images

He has caught a lot of rabbits for me ,always gives 110% so im happy with Jett who didn't have the best start in life when he found himself in the dog pound  after he bolted due to a beating from his so called owner.A friend of mine had bred him and when the one i had died with provo he suggested to give this dog ago. Glad I did, both the dog & I are very pleased ,I enjoy the company of my dogs ,with so much time spent with them ,one has too, why not it all rocks my boat. 

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 7
  • 1 month later...
On 04/03/2021 at 11:56, toolebox said:

These guys arrived a few days early.  Sugar had a total of 13 but 2 were still born and as of this morning all the pups seem well fed and had no interest in a bottle feed .This is her first litter.The Dam is 50 %  whippet , bird dog ( GSH pointer,visla )and the Sire is 50% Greyhound ,WHP ,beardy. Both parents are workers .20210304_080128.jpg.6369015396c08759cd925a6712ac85c7.jpg

20210304_080509.jpg

20210304_080611.jpg

They have now reached the age of 8 weeks old ,the bitches milk came in and not only did she feed all ten pups she gained alot of weight over this period. It was very unexpected ,you never just know with dogs .Will update the pictures Of the two I'm keeping .They were ragging a sack today a lot of growing, head shaking had me smiling .Lovely pups that should make reasonable workers ,so they will be allowed to grow out for 6 months old then I will take a look at them then, getting though or under fences ,across small creeks & ruff ground is on the books soon .all to make them ready to come out for a working walk .Slow and steady ,small baby steps is best .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 4

There was an advert on FB here last week, about 3 galgo puppies that didn't have homes and needed forever homes ffs ?‍♂️I told them I'd take them and teach them to cook and look after themselves and one day, they would get a job and create their own forever homes...... some people have no sense of humour ?

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

There was an advert on FB here last week, about 3 galgo puppies that didn't have homes and needed forever homes ffs ?‍♂️I told them I'd take them and teach them to cook and look after themselves and one day, they would get a job and create their own forever homes...... some people have no sense of humour ?

You'd make a good furparent.