9 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

per day.....?

Yes per day

1. Recreational bass fishing

Recreational fisheries, including from shore, in ICES divisions 4b, 4c, 6a, 7a to 7k are limited to catch-and-release only during 01 January to 29 February and 1 December to 31 December. From 1 March to 30 November, not more than two seabass may be retained per fisherman per day.

1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

What area are you mate and I'll try and find specifics if you like 

West Wales. The regulations here are the same as the first post. I was talking on the phone to a mate who lives in the South East about it and he had never heard of it even though he loves his sea fishing. 

5 minutes ago, walshie said:

West Wales. The regulations here are the same as the first post. I was talking on the phone to a mate who lives in the South East about it and he had never heard of it even though he loves his sea fishing. 

If you don't go on certain  social media sites mate you probably wouldn't see. I follow a few different ifcas because if I go a mile west of my house its different laws to the ones where I live. 

• Like 1

On our local beach there is a poster on a post but its out the way so no body see's it. In all honestly most people just ignore the rules anyway. With bass you might hit on them one day and sod all for weeks so its case of making hay while the sun shines. Shore anglers have pretty much zero affect on any fish populations.

Some people like to release them and I see plenty of good fish going back fair play and others don't

Edited by terryd
5 hours ago, terryd said:

On our local beach there is a poster on a post but its out the way so no body see's it. In all honestly most people just ignore the rules anyway. With bass you might hit on them one day and sod all for weeks so its case of making hay while the sun shines. Shore anglers have pretty much zero affect on any fish populations.

Some people like to release them and I see plenty of good fish going back fair play and others don't

They're a pest down here