New chrono needed

I have had a Combro unit for a few years now and its ok'ish but doesn't like fac of late. I used to have a Chrony but let it go as I didn't use it much. Now I am trying to get some readings from the Impact .25 fac but nothing even on pellets, fine on sub 12 but not at fac so it looks like I need to get something else sorted.  I will look out for a chrony but not a one on ebay or any other suggestions guys.

Phil

36 minutes ago, philpot said:

I have had a Combro unit for a few years now and its ok'ish but doesn't like fac of late. I used to have a Chrony but let it go as I didn't use it much. Now I am trying to get some readings from the Impact .25 fac but nothing even on pellets, fine on sub 12 but not at fac so it looks like I need to get something else sorted.  I will look out for a chrony but not a one on ebay or any other suggestions guys.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I use a skan chrono cant fault it mate, have you looked at the fx ones?

Atb

Mart

Yes I have seen the FX ones but not keen. I will pop into my rfd as he has a Skan and I will check it there but ideally I want to use it for my rimfire .22 lr and wmr possibly shotgun if I decide to start loading my 28gr cartridges so the Chrony does look a better bet for total use but totally agree the Skan is the best out there and is used by all polive firearms departments.

Phil

• Like 1

I wish I could recommend FX Radar. 

I'm a computer engineer and the software is nonsensical, also it wi randomly ignores shots, and just will not comply with reading low grain now lead green pellets travelling at high speeds. 

It worries me it asks for speed brackets, as if the software wants to know what to expect from the device? 

Hopefully it's keeping my fettling legal and so far it checks out with others... But I do check it.

They also decided to remove the Tripod stand, which made it better of silencers. But it reads better of the stand on my HW and various springers. 

16 minutes ago, villaman said:

You have to be careful with FX chronograph, it all depends where abouts you fit it on the barrel. To far forward it will read low , to far back it will read high 

Yes mate I quite agree.. I weigh pellets and try different positions, I bracket below 11.5 and I mostly like my target springers below that to get recoil under control. If I see something close to 12 I usually err on the side of caution. Anything I buy that is powerful as hell as new. I check right out. To the best of my ability. I'm not too anal about it, but I keep notes just in case. I'm getting quite experimental with some parts at the moment and expect power to drop then rise and then further spring mods to be required. It won't get let out of the "shed" until its well below 11.5 as I really love messing around with them and I want to keep them and my freedom for that matter. 

I had a skan chrono years ago, it worked well until it packed up. I’ve got a chrony f1 now, had it for years and used it for rifles and shotguns. Never had a problem with it other than bright sunshine.

Edited by Dervburner
Predictive text
  • Like 2
37 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I had a skan chrono years ago, it worked well until it packed up. I’ve got a chrony f1 now, had it for years and used it for rifles and shotguns. Never had a problem with it other than bright sunshine.

I know they are old hat but there again, so am I and these these are so versatile I don't think I need to look elsewhere. Strangely enough I looked on ebay where there are ALWAYS Chronys for sale but not a one, not even the American make whose name I cannot remember.  Perhaps another company closed down.

If anyone has a Chrony they would like to sell, please let me know or have seen any for sale.

Phil

• Like 1