JohnnyBoy Charity Fishing Match 2021 Numbers.

Thanks D mate to busy losing to take pics this year Lol. Did save you though Lol.

Lads this is a great weekend we eat good thanks to Socks,Sock's mate, Kev and Joe. We drink well more drink than can be drunk ( mostly Cider). Some of the best Guys you could wish to meet in your life that might give you just a bit of stick or stay up to first light drinking and talking (not  me to f***ing old). Please come along next year nobody goes away without a few more mates.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Number 9 done.... and it was another great weekend, as usual everyone got stuck in and made the weekend what it is... yeah its a group of lads sat around a fire, yapping shit and eating bbq food in th

Bloody great weekend again at the anti vegan comp. Brilliant to catch up with everybody again fantastic atmosphere the whole time. All the kids had a really nice time running around with lots of laugh

Posted Images

Just now, sid g said:

did you have a late night saturday mate .. thats a nice fish 

No mate I'm too long in the tooth I was off to bed about midnight night f****d Lol. Cant keep pace to the 4am warriors. 

Stay above ground mate hope to see you next year mate.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1

Number 9 done.... and it was another great weekend, as usual everyone got stuck in and made the weekend what it is... yeah its a group of lads sat around a fire, yapping shit and eating bbq food in the main, plus a little bit of fishing for those that want to, but it takes a lot to keep making it happen and all the lads and lasses ensure it gets done...

This year was obviously a bit different to normal, there's no doubt John was missed a lot, the posts on here are testament to him and how much he was liked.... we toasted him on Sunday night before his auction started, only a few words and a raised cider all round...pretty fitting really.

Loads of thank yous as always..

Luccombes Fishery, Dave, Nirima, Mary and Graham for laying on what they do, we seriously have the run of the place, they love us being there and couldn't do anymore to make sure it runs like it does, I know this was a travelling show but I think its found a home for good now. 

Steve (Pil) and Walshie for making the massive journeys for a very short stay just to be involved and put some cash in the kitty, loads of effort lads.

Food was as always f***ing lovely...Joe and Ofelia laid on a Saturday feast, absolutely top grub....

Ken brought down Dan the man's butchers meat thanks both it is top meat every year, plus the marinades (thank you Helen and Steve (Hambone). for sorting the marinading on the day).... Sean C and Geth were on the Sunday barbie with me, I know its not as good as Dan but we got there in the end!! Lol

Arrys 50 pasties were all gone by close of play Friday....his and Lukes scrumpy was still going strong on Sunday.. a few lads were rough on Monday.

There isn't anyone who doesn't help clean, fill ice buckets...(thanks Robbo for the ton of ice straight from Padstow docks!!..lol), refill with beer, supply baps, set up Sundays do..(massive thanks to Bob for barbie clean before Sunday).

Big thanks to Dy for doing the auction, raised over 1800 on the night....Great stuff mate...

Steve and Helen were unbelievably generous on the auction night... again massive thanks..

Jai and Owain brought John's kids down, and it was the right thing to do... the kids were amazing all weekend, they got spoilt as always with sweets, trips out, and everyone's time..... its a big ask to make sure they are ok but fair play to Jai and Owain for making sure they were and looking out for them....

Cheers all....

Link below...pics to follow 

https://gofund.me/969cad02

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Sean C pics...

Johns plaque on his bench

SKC01134.jpg.71c16b7089cd153ce8391740dbbea723.jpg

Johns kids on the bench

SKC01150.jpg.b6acce059a333c6d269e2481259333f4.jpg

Coin toss at the whiskey bottle, done 300 quid again!!

SKC01188.jpg.ba55350d31eed30f246db514fd7372fa.jpg

SKC01186.jpg.3735fbbc2978c0422111c270dfe1e8a0.jpg

SKC01187.jpg.e5711763381857cd11dc318b964270b7.jpg

SKC01181.jpg.5c60b3a40d1969126b8c324fa13b05a9.jpg

The winner...Graham

SKC01172.jpg.9b50ebe21dbd3e348904e207e6d90fc8.jpg

SKC01164.jpg.3c39d73b6d1848cabe7e0f4c3f5c7857.jpg

Biggest fish.. Andrew

SKC01169.jpg.1af5c0dc7ad78b1d47bfc81da0be9239.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
On 23/08/2021 at 14:59, staffs riffraff said:

I would not put it past the older 1 at all but younger 1 lectures me about smoking fags drinking everything lol 

Hope there better now mate...

Good to see you again, and the kids are a credit to you...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sid g said:

nice to see the old coin toss still going , raised a few grand over the years doing that at different events , 

You were mentioned mate on that one...plus heads and tails...hopefully next year you can run that one again..

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

'Coin Toss'; How's that work, Sid? Just out of idol curiosity ?

Put a whisky bottle at 30 ft or so away and then take in turns to throw pound coins at it, the closest to the bottle wins it...

It gets a bit competitive and chucking more money at it than the bottle is worth is standard!

• Like 2

Lovely write up NEWKID...

So good to see hunting lads enjoying each other's company and having the craic...

Money raised for a good cause, and plenty of banter no doubt,..thrown in for free,...just as it should be?

Well done to all concerned...?

All the best, stay safe, OldPhil?

• Like 5

brilliant lads just brilliant...we just couldnt make it this year...which was a shame...

loving the plaque on the bench very nice....

and of course i have to give ken some stick......wtf is going on with that belly....if he was bald you would think he was Buddha....lol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My days of hard training and eating correctly are long gone I’m all about relaxing and enjoying good food and drink now. HOWEVER I didn’t quite realise how much clay I had put on ?

• Haha 3