Northern lights ....... not the weed kind ?

I've said before I think,  we seen them every night when we were in Iceland it was solar maximum so 2011 i think and I have to say I was disappointed, what they don't tell you is the camera sees them a lot better than your eyes ever  can also if you look at most footage of them its time lapsed to give it the impression that they are moving far quicker than they really are. 

Im glad I've seen them just so i know its no big deal lol

15 hours ago, kanny said:

I've said before I think,  we seen them every night when we were in Iceland it was solar maximum so 2011 i think and I have to say I was disappointed, what they don't tell you is the camera sees them a lot better than your eyes ever  can also if you look at most footage of them its time lapsed to give it the impression that they are moving far quicker than they really are. 

Im glad I've seen them just so i know its no big deal lol

We see them here quite often in winter, and mostly they can be pretty faint or dull and slow moving. Occasionally though they are really bright like on Ted's photos, and those are the nights they seem to move quicker across the sky. Been here 9 years and have only seen them really bright and dancing twice to give you an idea of frequency though....