Hare coursing in Europe??

Just now, mC HULL said:

Hare coursing you did mate they’d turn up fine you constant full season coursing men was fined none stop  weekly mate more dogs shot aswell but it was small fines Not like now we’re they turn up like you’ve been slaying elephants for there tusks

Tbh I only ran hares local and on our permission. 

We only poached the bigger stuff so only got real bother then. 

It's a fecking joke isn't it, the injustice is infuriating. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thin

They eaten them all

Yep pretty much that. What always made me ? was lads sitting on the bus in town with terriers, spades etc off to or coming home from digging Brock

Posted Images

On 08/03/2021 at 13:29, sandymere said:

hopefully its Coypu lol.

In all fairness, the lads rocked up well happy with them wee fuuckers?

I think it was a lesson for all of us ;)

I made at the very least, a good mate out of it and a shit load to think about when it comes to boar. I've been back to the land a few times and done both sides (the hunter and walking the team of dogs) Them boar cnuts are smart as fuuck! ?

To add; we all did it wrong the first time. We didn't listen and it was more a freeforall than organised hunting. And what was expected couldn't be achieved in that moment. 

I've tried to find a dog friendly pack, willing to come over and push the boar and have runners waiting... no takers ?‍♂️

@ALECTORIS Has given permission for this ;)

• Like 1
On 08/03/2021 at 12:41, SheepChaser said:

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thing a giggle. Messing about in Spain with my two mates abs our bushers, hunting stuff on our own. Hanging out in a villa with a bunch of ransoms, eating, drinking and bullying mushroom. Was good crack, thank god out little gang took bushers not runners or I’d have been very bored. Came home and thought we’d better sort the boar thing out and had a good size male on the deck the same week, then carried on like that. Now I wouldn’t travel for boar but would deffo travel with the dogs, just for the crack with mates and hounds. Will deffo be doing another trip to Europe as soon as this shit quietens down.... I’ve a real urge to take my pack of bushers on some proper driven deer / boar / fox days and also want to go back to some places I’ve lived and tick a few things off with the runner. I feel a van mission coming on @Tyla 

I’m coming !! Not doing all the poxy driving this time either haha i think I had the only bushing dog with no gps so spent two days chasing that b*****d around on fox can’t expect dogs that spend there time hunting fox and deer to ignore them and starting hunting something totally different but was a good crack i just enjoyed the crack I must of been 21 at the time and still giggle at the two northerners haha 

• Like 1
On 08/03/2021 at 13:41, SheepChaser said:

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thing a giggle. Messing about in Spain with my two mates abs our bushers, hunting stuff on our own. Hanging out in a villa with a bunch of ransoms, eating, drinking and bullying mushroom. Was good crack, thank god out little gang took bushers not runners or I’d have been very bored. Came home and thought we’d better sort the boar thing out and had a good size male on the deck the same week, then carried on like that. Now I wouldn’t travel for boar but would deffo travel with the dogs, just for the crack with mates and hounds. Will deffo be doing another trip to Europe as soon as this shit quietens down.... I’ve a real urge to take my pack of bushers on some proper driven deer / boar / fox days and also want to go back to some places I’ve lived and tick a few things off with the runner. I feel a van mission coming on @Tyla 

Yeah ok.... I bit ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Yeah ok.... I bit ?

Ah you were fine, but I did think ow was gonna eat you when you took us on a cultural tour of whatever Spanish city it was pre dinner ? but what was it we ate? Pig tails or something in that tapas bar? That was f***ing good ? just glad I took an ounce of the magic plant, it made everything comedy ? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Ah you were fine, but I did think ow was gonna eat you when you took us on a cultural tour of whatever Spanish city it was pre dinner ? but what was it we ate? Pig tails or something in that tapas bar? That was f***ing good ? just glad I took an ounce of the magic plant, it made everything comedy ? 

Can I just point out at this moment... The cultural tour was Alectoris ?‍♂️ I just fuucking tried to translate it to you heathens ?

Them Accie lads defo got me biting though lol full banter and I was totally out of practice ????

I thought it was a good craic and a massive learning curve.. even if we hunt for years, we dont know everything ;)

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

I’m coming !! Not doing all the poxy driving this time either haha i think I had the only bushing dog with no gps so spent two days chasing that b*****d around on fox can’t expect dogs that spend there time hunting fox and deer to ignore them and starting hunting something totally different but was a good crack i just enjoyed the crack I must of been 21 at the time and still giggle at the two northerners haha 

Aye sounds like a plan but we can’t take the pajero ? or my truck, or Paul’s ...... so I hate to tell you ..... but you’re driving the works van while I kip in the back or do my best impression of Dylan from the magic round about ? 

6 hours ago, mushroom said:

In all fairness, the lads rocked up well happy with them wee fuuckers?

I think it was a lesson for all of us ;)

I made at the very least, a good mate out of it and a shit load to think about when it comes to boar. I've been back to the land a few times and done both sides (the hunter and walking the team of dogs) Them boar cnuts are smart as fuuck! ?

To add; we all did it wrong the first time. We didn't listen and it was more a freeforall than organised hunting. And what was expected couldn't be achieved in that moment. 

I've tried to find a dog friendly pack, willing to come over and push the boar and have runners waiting... no takers ?‍♂️

@ALECTORIS Has given permission for this ;)

Get us few  hares to run I’ll even have a go on boar with coursing bred lol

One thing I’ve learnt, is see the ground yourself. Minute I arrived where we were hunting I thought “Lurchers are f****d”. Anyone who’d done much with running dogs would know that ground and that quarry was seriously stacking things against the runners. There are a lot of dreamers out there and sometimes it’s hard to tell until you’re in the thick of it ? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

One thing I’ve learnt, is see the ground yourself. Minute I arrived where we were hunting I thought “Lurchers are f****d”. Anyone who’d done much with running dogs would know that ground and that quarry was seriously stacking things against the runners. There are a lot of dreamers out there and sometimes it’s hard to tell until you’re in the thick of it ? 

I've seen experienced men on that land. Alectoris and his crew know how to work it ;)

We just didn't have a clue and didn't listen. Plus as Wales said, the dogs were expected to ignore their normal quarry and get on something completely alien to them. We didn't have packs pushing and we were in the wrong place to get the runners on. 

Hindsight ?‍♂️

9 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I've seen experienced men on that land. Alectoris and his crew know how to work it ;)

We just didn't have a clue and didn't listen. Plus as Wales said, the dogs were expected to ignore their normal quarry and get on something completely alien to them. We didn't have packs pushing and we were in the wrong place to get the runners on. 

Hindsight ?‍♂️

No offence but I don’t buy it. How many of the lads who go on a monteria will be stood out with a predominantly sight hound blooded dog in that ground waiting to slip on a boar. Having spoken to them (including your mate Alec) they are mostly driving to guns with much much larger numbers of beaters. I believe we had four or five cover dogs between us, and the majority of folk wanted to stand there and think a pig was gonna bust past them within slipping distance and away from cover. I started to listen but when it became some kind of horns of the buffalo shit with massivly Inadequate numbers to achieve it, it was pointless. With those dogs on that ground, after that quarry there was only really one way to achieve a catch. No one had a scooby. So me and the other two borrowed one of the northern lads Lurchers abs went off on our Tod. Actually managed to get a good hunt and run on one but no joy. Still, I very interesting experience and we took same dogs back to you and started catching boar so must have learnt something ?. But ten men stood on hill tops with British Lurchers most of which had ever caught a large mammal, shouting at the tops of their voices to each other wasnt exactly inspiring ? 

• Haha 2