Hare coursing in Europe??

On 01/03/2021 at 20:52, low plains drifter said:

There was a Dutch engineer that had some part in the drainage back in the 17th century, I cannot remember too much about it I was a young fella then out in my coracle drifting the dykes after the eels, or mouching about with the 400 years of selective breeding jukel in pursuit of long ears, you know how it is/was

Mr leegwater ,,,

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thin

They eaten them all

Yep pretty much that. What always made me ? was lads sitting on the bus in town with terriers, spades etc off to or coming home from digging Brock

Posted Images

On 06/03/2021 at 13:30, Greb147 said:

Lesswater would have been more apt. ?

Here greb, have a look at the yotta tube, there's footage of a course in Amsterdam, and don't ask for a link, my hands are full of leather feed, and I belong in the horse and cart era

You know?

• Like 1
On 02/03/2021 at 09:25, C.green said:

How did that go do you know ?

Me and Jai and couple others you might know were on that trip. It was a good trip but not very successful hunting wise lol. To be fair almost none of the dogs and very few of the lads had even seen a boar before the trip and there was a lot of distraction by what the dogs thought was their usual quarry but was off limits on the day. We saw a few boar and couple the dogs made contact but nothing ended up dead. Nearly lost my terrier down a dry well which would've been the end of him if I hadn't had garmins on him. The highlight for me was an accidental computer hunt in France on the way to Spain, my terrier went to ground on the river Bank and flushed one into the water, still didn't get caught but was good fun trying. It was definitely a trip where you needed a sense of humour and not to take yourself, or your dogs, too seriously.

• Like 2
On 02/03/2021 at 09:25, C.green said:

How did that go do you know ?

Me and Jai and couple others you might know were on that trip. It was a good trip but not very successful hunting wise lol. To be fair almost none of the dogs and very few of the lads had even seen a boar before the trip and there was a lot of distraction by what the dogs thought was their usual quarry but was off limits on the day. We saw a few boar and couple the dogs made contact but nothing ended up dead. Nearly lost my terrier down a dry well which would've been the end of him if I hadn't had garmins on him. The highlight for me was an accidental coypu hunt in France on the way to Spain, my terrier went to ground on the river Bank and flushed one into the water, still didn't get caught but was good fun trying. It was definitely a trip where you needed a sense of humour and not to take yourself, or your dogs, too seriously.

2 minutes ago, Tyla said:

Me and Jai and couple others you might know were on that trip. It was a good trip but not very successful hunting wise lol. To be fair almost none of the dogs and very few of the lads had even seen a boar before the trip and there was a lot of distraction by what the dogs thought was their usual quarry but was off limits on the day. We saw a few boar and couple the dogs made contact but nothing ended up dead. Nearly lost my terrier down a dry well which would've been the end of him if I hadn't had garmins on him. The highlight for me was an accidental computer hunt in France on the way to Spain, my terrier went to ground on the river Bank and flushed one into the water, still didn't get caught but was good fun trying. It was definitely a trip where you needed a sense of humour and not to take yourself, or your dogs, too seriously.

accidental computer hunt??

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thing a giggle. Messing about in Spain with my two mates abs our bushers, hunting stuff on our own. Hanging out in a villa with a bunch of ransoms, eating, drinking and bullying mushroom. Was good crack, thank god out little gang took bushers not runners or I’d have been very bored. Came home and thought we’d better sort the boar thing out and had a good size male on the deck the same week, then carried on like that. Now I wouldn’t travel for boar but would deffo travel with the dogs, just for the crack with mates and hounds. Will deffo be doing another trip to Europe as soon as this shit quietens down.... I’ve a real urge to take my pack of bushers on some proper driven deer / boar / fox days and also want to go back to some places I’ve lived and tick a few things off with the runner. I feel a van mission coming on @Tyla 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thing a giggle. Messing about in Spain with my two mates abs our bushers, hunting stuff on our own. Hanging out in a villa with a bunch of ransoms, eating, drinking and bullying mushroom. Was good crack, thank god out little gang took bushers not runners or I’d have been very bored. Came home and thought we’d better sort the boar thing out and had a good size male on the deck the same week, then carried on like that. Now I wouldn’t travel for boar but would deffo travel with the dogs, just for the crack with mates and hounds. Will deffo be doing another trip to Europe as soon as this shit quietens down.... I’ve a real urge to take my pack of bushers on some proper driven deer / boar / fox days and also want to go back to some places I’ve lived and tick a few things off with the runner. I feel a van mission coming on @Tyla 

Yes mate, im keen for that

21 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Here greb, have a look at the yotta tube, there's footage of a course in Amsterdam, and don't ask for a link, my hands are full of leather feed, and I belong in the horse and cart era

You know?

I should imagine there's ample opportunity for quality coursing over there but if it's as hot as here it's just not worth it IMO. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I should imagine there's ample opportunity for quality coursing over there but if it's as hot as here it's just not worth it IMO. 

Not to bad here greb it was rougher when young on land it was all keepered they was on you lol when it was legal got caught a lot more than now I think 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Not to bad here greb it was rougher when young on land it was all keepered they was on you lol when it was legal got caught a lot more than now I think 

That is true but you didn't have the filth on your back unless you were being very mischievous. ?

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That is true but you didn't have the filth on your back unless you were being very mischievous. ?

Hare coursing you did mate they’d turn up fine you constant full season coursing men was fined none stop  weekly mate more dogs shot aswell but it was small fines Not like now we’re they turn up like you’ve been slaying elephants for there tusks