Hare coursing in Europe??

My bitch this year open land she was about 15 month 7 mins and she is right trier not follower after 7 mins the hare was still pulling no stopping it that day another year and not a pup I wouldn’t bet she stop that hare lol lucky she had the tank and heart she has or I’d a had a jacker lol

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thin

They eaten them all

Yep pretty much that. What always made me ? was lads sitting on the bus in town with terriers, spades etc off to or coming home from digging Brock

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You got to factor in that 50% of the hares caught .... probably weren’t to ? 

Any one saying it’s killed 50 out a 50 is full a shit there  dogs failing to put a bend in so aren’t counting it etc or just plain lying lol 

the very best miss mate 

• Like 1

If you watch Lucas on a strong hare I know they say he was injured but he killed one before one after  so i think he hit the strong one I say this by the way the hare is pulling taking a field to get near then pulling again 4 mins dog can’t get it under  any control blew its wad trying 

the strong ones after 4 mins are still ripping out the turn some take 3 mins for a good dog to get sat in some longer the best a dogs will kill a fair share a these them dogs are few and far between 

that Kim bitch I put up 7 min run that hare was one a them greb ?? 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You got the strongest hare and a quality hare dog dead a winter my money be on the hare lol

My money would be on the dog providing the hare does not reach cover or go to ground. ?

10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

My money would be on the dog providing the hare does not reach cover or go to ground. ?

It’s already beat the dog going to cover or ground or it wouldn’t get there dog keep it off cover let it get out put pressure back on say after 5 mins hare make 40 yds gets to cover its beat the  dog mate 

when you get an hare dog mate you’ll soon relise how hard it is to get a good consistsant one unless you get a natural hare dog as a pup you can’t make a good hare dog there born with the knack mate 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

It’s already beat the dog going to cover or ground or it wouldn’t get there dog keep it off cover let it get out put pressure back on say after 5 mins hare make 40 yds gets to cover its beat the  dog mate 

when you get an hare dog mate you’ll soon relise how hard it is to get a good consistsant one unless you get a natural hare dog as a pup you can’t make a good hare dog there born with the knack mate 

I get what you're saying about that but to me the hare hasn't really outrun a dog if it makes it to cover or to ground, especially if it's near to cover when the run starts. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I went to the 2019 Jagd & Hund show/exhibition in Germany and 99% of the dogs there were Teckles, Jagds or some sort of HPR. The exhibition seemed to be dominated by 'BDS' types though. My little black dog would have been dwarfed by much of what was there which suggested to me most of them were not earth dogs.

I'm speaking of information from 10 or 15 years ago.Small jags who didn't meet their written standard were not allowed to be registered.So I doubt the small digging type were at the exhibition.Just my opinion as I wasn't there.The good digging jags I seen were too small to be registered generally.I don't know if the rules are the same now.

Sorry to derail hare topic.

4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I went to the 2019 Jagd & Hund show/exhibition in Germany and 99% of the dogs there were Teckles, Jagds or some sort of HPR. The exhibition seemed to be dominated by 'BDS' types though. My little black dog would have been dwarfed by much of what was there which suggested to me most of them were not earth dogs.

what like where prices of jackets boots and the like compared to show prices here mate?...iv been to berlin and munich the hunting and fishing museum in munich is something else worth a look and aye teckells are very popular over there

1 hour ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I'm speaking of information from 10 or 15 years ago.Small jags who didn't meet their written standard were not allowed to be registered.So I doubt the small digging type were at the exhibition.Just my opinion as I wasn't there.The good digging jags I seen were too small to be registered generally.I don't know if the rules are the same now.

Sorry to derail hare topic.

Fair one mate. I was just generally commenting. I understand there are earth dogs on the continent, they just weren’t represented at the exhibition. But tbh it’s mostly big game Hunter types. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

what like where prices of jackets boots and the like compared to show prices here mate?...iv been to berlin and munich the hunting and fishing museum in munich is something else worth a look and aye teckells are very popular over there

Expensive. I’m glad I went, it was a decent weekend with likeminded mates and nice to experience some other hunting culture, even if I couldn’t understand a word. No way I’d go for a shopping spree though. Window shop, yeah, actual shop, nah. :laugh:

32D38FFF-19F8-4DD4-ADA8-7848AB6FF812.jpeg

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Greb147 said:

When you have dogs claiming to do 3's and more on the big stuff then that tells me the dog is superior to the hare. 

You have to admire a hare that has the guile to escape in cover or to ground but has that animal actually beat the dog? 

Surely the best of dogs would run the best of hares to a standstill on open land. 

The hare has beat the dog if the dog isn't able to make the catch, or box, and pressure the hare effectively. Outrunning on open land is a different matter