Hare coursing in Europe??

I had a lovely little time haha chasing fox with my beaglex , I run my lurcher on some real rough terrain but I’d not let them run on that shit ! I blame mushroom he tried to Starve me the one day was outrageous! And don’t get me started trying to order a McDonald’s in Spain and France 

• Haha 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thin

They eaten them all

Yep pretty much that. What always made me ? was lads sitting on the bus in town with terriers, spades etc off to or coming home from digging Brock

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

No offence but I don’t buy it. How many of the lads who go on a monteria will be stood out with a predominantly sight hound blooded dog in that ground waiting to slip on a boar. Having spoken to them (including your mate Alec) they are mostly driving to guns with much much larger numbers of beaters. I believe we had four or five cover dogs between us, and the majority of folk wanted to stand there and think a pig was gonna bust past them within slipping distance and away from cover. I started to listen but when it became some kind of horns of the buffalo shit with massivly Inadequate numbers to achieve it, it was pointless. With those dogs on that ground, after that quarry there was only really one way to achieve a catch. No one had a scooby. So me and the other two borrowed one of the northern lads Lurchers abs went off on our Tod. Actually managed to get a good hunt and run on one but no joy. Still, I very interesting experience and we took same dogs back to you and started catching boar so must have learnt something ?. But ten men stood on hill tops with British Lurchers most of which had ever caught a large mammal, shouting at the tops of their voices to each other wasnt exactly inspiring ? 

That's the point mate. We get the packs pushing and have one or two runners in each of the normal rifle positions. Slip when the fat b*****ds run past and let the dogs go at them. Yes it'll be a waiting game, same as it is for the rifle boys. At best, we'd get one or two on the ground, at worst the dogs realise their quarry ?‍♂️

And yes...... inside voices next time ????

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

That's the point mate. We get the packs pushing and have one or two runners in each of the normal rifle positions. Slip when the fat b*****ds run past and let the dogs go at them. Yes it'll be a waiting game, same as it is for the rifle boys. At best, we'd get one or two on the ground, at worst the dogs realise their quarry ?‍♂️

And yes...... inside voices next time ????

That’s what I mean, it’s a monteria as far as I’m aware, so folk stood out alL over the place at crossing points, tracks, valley heads etc and several packs of beaters and dogs stirring everything up so things are running a bit blind looking behind them abs then you pounce. With the numbers and dogs we had, the only reaL way in my eyes is to pick likely pieces of Cover and surround them and push the dogs in and hope to mug one, or go to the water when it’s hot, or early morning and follow them back from There to where they lie up. Got to tailor Your plan to the ground and the ammo you have. Would much rather focus on one beast, stick on it and hunt it down the. Hope to push them to an imaginary point. Found when we were there most pigs were just slipping around the end of the ‘line’ way before getting close to runners. 

Seeing as you’re out knocking pigs over and other bits, how’s about some photos of the driven hunts, the dogs, the catches etc. It’s all legal over there and I’m sure lots would like to see it. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

That’s what I mean, it’s a monteria as far as I’m aware, so folk stood out alL over the place at crossing points, tracks, valley heads etc and several packs of beaters and dogs stirring everything up so things are running a bit blind looking behind them abs then you pounce. With the numbers and dogs we had, the only reaL way in my eyes is to pick likely pieces of Cover and surround them and push the dogs in and hope to mug one, or go to the water when it’s hot, or early morning and follow them back from There to where they lie up. Got to tailor Your plan to the ground and the ammo you have. Would much rather focus on one beast, stick on it and hunt it down the. Hope to push them to an imaginary point. Found when we were there most pigs were just slipping around the end of the ‘line’ way before getting close to runners. 

Seeing as you’re out knocking pigs over and other bits, how’s about some photos of the driven hunts, the dogs, the catches etc. It’s all legal over there and I’m sure lots would like to see it. 

I put them up, last time I was over there mate ;)

Think we got around 7-8 boar that day.

19 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Nice. Anything caught with running dogs ? 

Nah mate lol Sarky dick. No running dogs there that day, I wanted dickhead with me at the peg, I had his armour all ready. As I said, it's an idea and it's the only one we came up with as a way of having running dogs after them on that land. I couldn't even take my dog up anytime because the packs that are pushing through, will kill any dog they dont know. Hence why I was asking about hound packs that would work through and not be dog aggressive. All the dogs have to do is go through with a whipper in.

12 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

No offence but I don’t buy it. How many of the lads who go on a monteria will be stood out with a predominantly sight hound blooded dog in that ground waiting to slip on a boar. Having spoken to them (including your mate Alec) they are mostly driving to guns with much much larger numbers of beaters. I believe we had four or five cover dogs between us, and the majority of folk wanted to stand there and think a pig was gonna bust past them within slipping distance and away from cover. I started to listen but when it became some kind of horns of the buffalo shit with massivly Inadequate numbers to achieve it, it was pointless. With those dogs on that ground, after that quarry there was only really one way to achieve a catch. No one had a scooby. So me and the other two borrowed one of the northern lads Lurchers abs went off on our Tod. Actually managed to get a good hunt and run on one but no joy. Still, I very interesting experience and we took same dogs back to you and started catching boar so must have learnt something ?. But ten men stood on hill tops with British Lurchers most of which had ever caught a large mammal, shouting at the tops of their voices to each other wasnt exactly inspiring ? 

Hey you guys!  ?

• Haha 1