Hare coursing in Europe??

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thin

They eaten them all

Yep pretty much that. What always made me ? was lads sitting on the bus in town with terriers, spades etc off to or coming home from digging Brock

Posted Images

11 hours ago, TOMO said:

its easy enough i recon to go and watch....i remember the other year when we were pm each other ...it wasnt a lot to fly hire a motor ect ....

i recon the real fun would be a few lads in a van ....hunting on the way down through france and spain....there and back over 10 days or so....but that would cost a few ££££

Yes, flight to Madrid and local hotel/camp site for a long weekend, hire car shouldn't be overly expensive, especially if a few going. Would be a laugh I reckon and see a bit of coursing. 

A road trip would be better but would need a minibus and a week to 10 days. Shared driving and fuel costs would keep price down. 

1 hour ago, hollands hope said:

It´s not illegal to own running dogs , coursing hares with them is. It´s more of a keep yourself to yourself mentality over here.It is in most cases not a daytime pursuit.

Remember some German lads I had over, used to dig a fair bit in Holland and said they couldn't have a lurcher on a dig with them?

We were all up for this trip a while back but nothing came of it.

There seemed to be some disagreement about driving there or flying.

I thought the flying route was far better; quicker, cheaper, more comfortable for the old 'uns like me ! ?

I've travelled, literally, around the world to work dogs, so I'll allways be up for a short trip across to Spain once this lockdown ends.

And I've had the vax, so needing a vax passport would be no problem ! ?!

Cheers.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Remember some German lads I had over, used to dig a fair bit in Holland and said they couldn't have a lurcher on a dig with them?

Thats correct , youre not allowed to use lurchers or sighthounds for drawing when digging.As the law states over here , any dog capable of pursuing and catching game like hares , roedeer or whatever will be considered and seen as longdog. So not necessarily a sighthound. Could be any breed.

Some of those hares in Spain look like they are flying, probably due to the hard ground but who knows. 

I know in Spain they have the Iberian Hare, I wonder how it compares to the Brown Hare. 

8 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

It'd be reet, fill tranny with Drum, Turner, and E.S.P, on the home straight, that'd cover it

You know?

? No doubt we all know a farm or 2 we can rob some red from there put  bowser in bk cost nothing to get there and bk backir or and stubbies have us earning ?