Hare coursing in Europe??

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thin

They eaten them all

Yep pretty much that. What always made me ? was lads sitting on the bus in town with terriers, spades etc off to or coming home from digging Brock

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, TOMO said:

it would be interesting to see that's for sure...one of them things I would love to do....mind I need a dog that can catch a Hare here first..lol

Sandys the man lol just needs a bit a pressure it be a good experience and if you blank you always got excuse it was to hot and dry 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Them Spanish hares I’ve seen vids a pure sals taking good numbers them that like good going not to difficult the jack rabbit coursing I seen there always clapping haven’t seen the antelope jack rabbit I’ll have a look ?? I’d have a go Spain get Sandy sort it out lol

Be good if sandy puts a trip on I'd defo be up for the trip over even I'm not a fan of doubles I sure do miss the Waterloo 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, dodger said:

Be good if sandy puts a trip on I'd defo be up for the trip over even I'm not a fan of doubles I sure do miss the Waterloo 

I’m the same can watch it all even the greyhound on the track once me moneys down it’s that same feeling as when ones about to lift lol

Need to get through this covid shite then think about a trip out to see some Spanish coursing ?my dogs have passports but reckon it would be easier to go without dogs to Madrid for either the grand final or one of the regional finals ?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Need to get through this covid shite then think about a trip out to see some Spanish coursing ?my dogs have passports but reckon it would be easier to go without dogs to Madrid for either the grand final or one of the regional finals ?

I’m in Sandy ?? unless you have to have a COVID jab but even then you can stash me in boot lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

us  brit lads love to think like that...

but I recon them Spanish hares might be a test....be very interesting to see some English dogs on them...

also them jack rabbits in the usa...quite a few sub species out there....one of which is called an antelope jack rabbit...and by all accounts it's very hard to catch

Some of the Spanish hares do look a test dont they but I wonder how the dogs would do on a slop I do like the look of some of them galgos tho n some of them look like they can hang on abit aswell don't they 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, sandymere said:

its easy enough i recon to go and watch....i remember the other year when we were pm each other ...it wasnt a lot to fly hire a motor ect ....

i recon the real fun would be a few lads in a van ....hunting on the way down through france and spain....there and back over 10 days or so....but that would cost a few ££££

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, TOMO said:

its easy enough i recon to go and watch....i remember the other year when we were pm each other ...it wasnt a lot to fly hire a motor ect ....

i recon the real fun would be a few lads in a van ....hunting on the way down through france and spain....there and back over 10 days or so....but that would cost a few ££££

It'd be reet, fill tranny with Drum, Turner, and E.S.P, on the home straight, that'd cover it

You know?

I’m hoping to head over and have a look. My old man works out there now and then. He’s not really into his hunting but he sees The hunt meet on a morning. When he’s in the North it’s podenco and hound types that head out. When he’s in other areas then it’s coursing. He’s been to see a couple of events. He says they are a friendly enough bunch. ?

9 hours ago, dodger said:

am sure few lads went spain to try at boar from here few year ago...id be intrested in a race in spain....

12 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Think its illegal to own a running dog in Holland... 

It´s not illegal to own running dogs , coursing hares with them is. It´s more of a keep yourself to yourself mentality over here.It is in most cases not a daytime pursuit.

• Like 4