Hare coursing in Europe??

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye coypu. Best parts of the trip were the travel, f***ing about with coypu on the river bank, lamping roe in France abs getting lost. Smuggling some supplies through customs which made the whole thin

They eaten them all

Yep pretty much that. What always made me ? was lads sitting on the bus in town with terriers, spades etc off to or coming home from digging Brock

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Has anyone on here actually ran hares in Europe with sighthounds or know of people who have? 

Any info on hare numbers abroad and how they compare to hares ran over here? 

only grapevine rumors I've herd ...but I hear lads that have been to france recon the Hares ain't as good...possibly because they don't get run....I have also herd of lads getting caught..and dogs shot...

I have travelled a lot in France...and you can see good numbers in some spots....

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, TOMO said:

only grapevine rumors I've herd ...but I hear lads that have been to france recon the Hares ain't as good...possibly because they don't get run....I have also herd of lads getting caught..and dogs shot...

I have travelled a lot in France...and you can see good numbers in some spots....

I've heard about them running hare in France as well, not heard about them being poorer hares to run but understandable if they aren't hunted often. 

8 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

and ive been told the cops in france are not as ''sympathetic'' as the cops in england or ireland,and has wrecked a car or two in the past...from good sources 

Sounds brill then, I know in Europe some police are open to bribes. 

I know they do run them often in Spain with their galgos but wonder of any other countries? 

I think France and Germany it's banned...and maybe Belgium and Holland....

spain and Portugal coursing is aloud...I think some of eastern European country's it exists as well...Poland I think ..Hungary also 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I think France and Germany it's banned...and maybe Belgium and Holland....

spain and Portugal coursing is aloud...I think some of eastern European country's it exists as well...Poland I think ..Hungary also 

I wonder what the hare population is like in these countries, I've driven some miles in Poland and haven't seen any hares tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

They eaten them all

They are there as I've seen videos of them, I'm not sure how abundant they are though. 

The place is almost 3 times the size of England, there's plenty of Roe and Wild Boar. ?

meant to insert a different post,..and i cant find the origional now ffs ..apologies

About 634,000 results (0.67 seconds) 

seems hare hunting with greyhounds is prohibited

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

Nowadays, since hunting hare with dogs is prohibited in Poland (except for mountain areas), Polish Hounds are used only for hunting wild boar and fox throughout the country. FCI-CLASSIFICATION: Group 6 Scent hounds and related breeds.27 May 2015
Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
43 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

They are there as I've seen videos of them, I'm not sure how abundant they are though. 

The place is almost 3 times the size of England, there's plenty of Roe and Wild Boar. ?

Wolves bears plenty for a decent whippet 2 go at

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

A mate of mind used to go regularly. On the Eurostar. He said you could run hares within a few miles of coming off the train.  The fields are massive and hares and plentiful. He also ran in Belgium too, but like has been mentioned, the police don’t take it too kindly.. but it’s not the police you need to worry about, it’s the farmers. One time when they got caught, they were pleased to see the cops.. I think they were close to getting a beating. 

• Like 1