Moonlight ferreting

Moonlight ferreting for rabbits with ella . This is one of my favourite methods of catching rabbits. We were using longnets to surround the Warrens instead of using purse nets. I took Big rich my albino hob. We had a bell on the ferrets collar too, so if we couldnt see him we could atleast hear him leaving the warren. We ferreted a handful of Warren's and caught 9 rabbits. Bud caught a few when moving between Warren's. We had one 1ft dig and a couple rabbits in the nets.The pictures are stills from the footage using an Infra red filter. Video coming soon on my youtube channel. 

Snapshot.png

Snapshot_1.png

Snapshot_3.png

Snapshot_4.png

Snapshot_7.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Guss33 said:

Can we get reflective vests small enough to fit them. But I would have to say it would be a good idea to use ferret locators. 

I see the OP has the locators on, I'm thinking of getting some for when the ferrets comes out in the day, lol. Ahh to be young again.

• Like 1

been a few years since I did a bit of night ferreting...was a good method on estate parkland that was a bit hot ....had some good bags as well doing it...and my old lurcher bitch would often get distracted and go pull down some venison ...wich was always a welcome addition...

another place we did regular was some fields next to a power station...the floodlights at the station had enough light pollution to be able to do it without the full moon

• Like 4
9 hours ago, TOMO said:

been a few years since I did a bit of night ferreting...was a good method on estate parkland that was a bit hot ....had some good bags as well doing it...and my old lurcher bitch would often get distracted and go pull down some venison ...wich was always a welcome addition...

another place we did regular was some fields next to a power station...the floodlights at the station had enough light pollution to be able to do it without the full moon

Every bugger has thermal and nv now you'd be getting caught if you tried now.

• Like 1