Great night longnetting

What a great night me and @moucheroutdoors aka nighthunter whippets had last night longnetting rabbits to help control the rabbit population on a nearby farm. It was fascinating watching how the rabbits moved around the fields when the nets were being run out using the pulsar axion xm30 . Even if they were running away from the nets ? lol We were using two 100 yard quickest longnets from Les Nelson. I'm looking forward to next time and hopefully plan B will get us better bag. A few hundred more to get for some more cooking. Another video coming soon. Check out my youtube for more hunting videos. 

IMG_20210224_123958_412.jpg

IMG_20210224_124005_234.jpg

Edited by Andrewreynoldshunting
  • Like 15

Wish I new where you are. I haven’t had a rabbit for 2 years. Also, the last black rabbit I had was near Appleby Magna, which, at the time was a rare sight. At the risk of bumping your post, I’ve found someone who may well do repairs to locator boxes. Just saying like. Jok.

• Like 2

Looks like a great you had and a good catch. I am still new to the night time netting we are getting them but not in the numbers i have seen on this site. The numbers are their but we are lucky if we can even catch 10 percent but in time we will get their. Great job 

On 25/02/2021 at 18:39, jok said:

Wish I new where you are. I haven’t had a rabbit for 2 years. Also, the last black rabbit I had was near Appleby Magna, which, at the time was a rare sight. At the risk of bumping your post, I’ve found someone who may well do repairs to locator boxes. Just saying like. Jok.

Appleby Magna in Derbyshire?  I grew up there and never saw any black rabbits, shame as I've never seen a wild black one. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the information, how long ago? if you don't mind me asking. I used to work at the old rectory when I was a teenager and the land your referring to would be next to this I think. Just interested if there may be the odd one still about. What causing them to be black? is it a gene passed down or just a random occurrence?