Warning on buying cheap ammunition .22

2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

It smells a bit ,just a couple of days after someone lifted 600 .22 rifles .Yes we know they're air rifles but do fingers ,spudgun and the rest ?? Of the "lorry lifters "

They were military style co2 rifles, but could have been mistaken for live firing as they are bolt action? Hmm?

11 hours ago, chandler01 said:

Something isn't right here.

Yep your to damn right ... I haven't been of offered any. ??  I'd like to offer a good loving home to  some of these homeless rounds.   About ten thousand Tenex and ten thousand subsonics would do for starters ?    on a serious note I  would think that the most likely destination will probably be the melting pot for the lead and brass.  Not very easy to track down.  Bloody shame if that does happen. 

I wonder where the demand for the 300,000 rounds was and where this load was destined for.?  Rifle clubs are still under lock down and I'm sure that most sports shooters are not going out rabbit shooting enough to use 300,000 rounds. Perhaps they were destined for Wolfe. He reckons that there is a big shortage of ammo out in the state's although the American shooter would probably  class all Eley ammunition as premium grade and too expensive. 

Are you sure The Sun got the report right and it wasn't 300,000 pellets? Not much point in having .22 ammo for air guns. Wouldn't surprise me as mistakes have been made before confusing air gun ammo with rifle ammo, such is the knowledge of some of the non shooting public. As for the air guns, who orders 600 units? I'd have thought that was abut 10 years supply!