Whippet News..

7 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Couple more... if anyone wants me to check for any paticular club results.. let me know...

20210223_152657-2.jpg.09661e98e6d8f60f0bbb7c73dfad980b.jpg

20210223_152807-2.jpg.9378370ebeda08617c782641adb8feab.jpg

20210223_152725-2.jpg.7cc86dc41052a0b7586b81bb435f41de.jpg

I knew Pauline Wilson who origionaly started and owned the Whippet News, and still have a copy of her book;

IMG_1446.JPG.b4bcdfc97ab9c860cf572d123f4a702e.JPG

I remember a lot of the names, people and dogs, in those pics, and I used to race at Seaton Burn, a bit earlier than that.

Brings back nice memories, thanks for sharing !

Cheers.

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I knew Pauline Wilson who origionaly started and owned the Whippet News, and still have a copy of her book;

IMG_1446.JPG.b4bcdfc97ab9c860cf572d123f4a702e.JPG

I remember a lot of the names, people and dogs, in those pics, and I used to race at Seaton Burn, a bit earlier than that.

Brings back nice memories, thanks for sharing !

Cheers.

Would like to get this book heard good stuff about it 

33 minutes ago, breeze said:

Nice little books of days gone by, bet you loved flicking thru them when you found them  ? 

I sure did mate. I was only a young un back then. I think he finished with the racing when i was about 10 due to health reasons. My grandad actually used to live next door to us back than and i'd spend most of my spare time around there. Some right characters always coming and gowing, trophies beiging dropped off, odd litter of pups on and what not. I took it for granted being so young, but i wish i could go back in time and re live all again.

On a Sunday morning back then from our garden you could hear the Whippets racing on the local rec, the game of footy on pitch opposite the track and also if the wind was right you could hear the pack Harriers being exercised. Now all sadly gone.. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, northern lad said:

Yes they are Fred..

Beat me to it!!

I used to go down there when i had some decent camera gear and got some cracking action shots.

I should still have them saved on a hard drive but I'm struggling to get the files off.

I'll take it to someone who knows what they're doing when things are back to normal and see whats on there..

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Beat me to it!!

I used to go down there when i had some decent camera gear and got some cracking action shots.

I should still have them saved on a hard drive but I'm struggling to get the files off.

I'll take it to someone who knows what they're doing when things are back to normal and see whats on there..

Be good to see them mate?

Just now, northern lad said:

Be good to see them mate?

I'll definitely try and sort them out pal..

Just been through all my attachments on here, i know i did put some pics on years back..  but the file type ain't compatible anymore.

I did find this though of me though with my nice camera set up!!..?

1247665303_2021-02-2418_22_05.png.b5b21307804d9c352d8668d1a8030bc4.png

• Like 2