Pro Sport - Left Handed.

14 hours ago, mark williams said:

Aye up lads,

I believe the Pro Sport will be on offer with a left handed stock, in walnut very shortly. :good:

Just thought I`d put it out there.

Just in the walnut stock, or beech as well, and will there be an extra cost for it?

ITS SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTEHH f**kIN QUID. ? And. AND only in walnut. I’m not even left handed. Just shoot left handed. 

It should of been done about 20 years ago, they had the machines for it. I mean like what the actual f’k. Great rifle, no issues there, but Jesus Christ. That’s a lot that is. These days anyway. For a manual. Especially when every second bloke can generally tune the arse end off a HW for literally half the price. 

Still might get one ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, philpot said:

I wonder if AA have appointed Tony Belas to run the company because it is the sort of feck up he would do ?

Phil

Too expensive for the sum of its parts in my opinion, and I’m not left handed .........suppose it’s got some weigh in value though??

• Like 1

I might buy one in .177 calibre but the price is a serious issue for me. Over 700 quid is a whopping price tag. 

I once tried the right--handed TX200HC .177 that Philpott had and it was a blistering performer to me. 5 shots clean through the same hole at 35 metres is all the accuracy I need. Without paying over the odds to get it. 

I bought a right-handed walnut Prosport in .22 some years ago. Over the course of two months I sanded and smoothed out the roll over comb of the butt and turned the flow line to the grip into a very comfortable left handed palm-swell stock for my hand and cheek. The rifle cost £550 from MGR Guns in Woodhall Spa.  To top it off, Tim/Charlie Caller here fitted it with a Tinbum kit and smoothed its action out into a beautiful smooth cocking and shooting rifle. It's as near to perfection as it gets and I love it to bits. Its accuracy makes it a real humane small vermin killer. And that's all I can ask of a decent hunting tifle. 

Air Arms has finally made its mind up about 30 years too late. Most of us lefties who dreamed of owning one bought other left-hand friendly guns like the TX200/HC or Wiehrauch springers. The ones like me who persisted found a way to make the rifle theirs with mods like mine. 

The rifle in my opinion is every bit as good as its repute for quality. Mine is PCP accurate alm day long with Air Arms Field in 5.52mm size. 

Now what do I do??? .177 AirArms TX200HC is mighty tempting. But a .177 Prosport without having to alter the stock is very tempting.

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, pianoman said:

I might buy one in .177 calibre but the price is a serious issue for me. Over 700 quid is a whopping price tag. 

I once tried the right--handed TX200HC .177 that Philpott had and it was a blistering performer to me. 5 shots clean through the same hole at 35 metres is all the accuracy I need. Without paying over the odds to get it. 

I bought a right-handed walnut Prosport in .22 some years ago. Over the course of two months I sanded and smoothed out the roll over comb of the butt and turned the flow line to the grip into a very comfortable left handed palm-swell stock for my hand and cheek. The rifle cost £550 from MGR Guns in Woodhall Spa.  To top it off, Tim/Charlie Caller here fitted it with a Tinbum kit and smoothed its action out into a beautiful smooth cocking and shooting rifle. It's as near to perfection as it gets and I love it to bits. Its accuracy makes it a real humane small vermin killer. And that's all I can ask of a decent hunting tifle. 

Air Arms has finally made its mind up about 30 years too late. Most of us lefties who dreamed of owning one bought other left-hand friendly guns like the TX200/HC or Wiehrauch springers. The ones like me who persisted found a way to make the rifle theirs with mods like mine. 

The rifle in my opinion is every bit as good as its repute for quality. Mine is PCP accurate alm day long with Air Arms Field in 5.52mm size. 

Now what do I do??? .177 AirArms TX200HC is mighty tempting. But a .177 Prosport without having to alter the stock is very tempting.

A top shot with a springer like yourself Simon, will no doubt get their money’s worth out of the prosport, more average shots would probably be happier with a pcp for similar outlay though. Just my opinion, I could be wrong ?

• Like 1
On 24/02/2021 at 14:26, Dervburner said:

A top shot with a springer like yourself Simon, will no doubt get their money’s worth out of the prosport, more average shots would probably be happier with a pcp for similar outlay though. Just my opinion, I could be wrong ?

I am not so sure to be honest, having seen what Simon can do with my old right handed TX was nothing short of bloody amazing and to spend £700 on a lefty is not worth the money to a man who can shoot as well as Simon with the guns he has.

Phil

• Like 1
On 23/02/2021 at 23:11, Rez said:

ITS SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTEHH f**kIN QUID. ? And. AND only in walnut. I’m not even left handed. Just shoot left handed. 

It should of been done about 20 years ago, they had the machines for it. I mean like what the actual f’k. Great rifle, no issues there, but Jesus Christ. That’s a lot that is. These days anyway. For a manual. Especially when every second bloke can generally tune the arse end off a HW for literally half the price. 

Still might get one ?

True re the HW's - although it's a joke (some might say a disgrace) that wiehrauch have never made a gun that was tip-top out of the box.

8 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

True re the HW's - although it's a joke (some might say a disgrace) that wiehrauch have never made a gun that was tip-top out of the box.

Agree with that to be fair.