Thylacine 'Caught On Trail Cam' Twitter Claim

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After studying @maxhardcoreI have my doubts. 

On the plus side ,I am gonna look like a near genius if anyone ever asks me what a Tasmanian pandemelon is .

Wouldn't it be a great story if true, I have my doubts though. 

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Greb147 said:
AMP.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The last known thylacine died in 1936, but many are still fixated on proving it lives on

Most subjects on here boil down to wether you believe what your told or not and good luck to those out there looking for there own answers oz has to be a country you could very easily never be found if you did not want to be for both man and beast ?

Have seen the pictures and would say it’s not 100% but I don’t know enough about the native animals of that part of the world to call it, we give a percentage rating to our pics and obviously the 100% pic is what everyone wants but has yet to be taken (yet) I’d give the thylasine pics about 60% at most ?

On 22/02/2021 at 18:40, pesky1972 said:

Would be great to see a large carnivore discovered or rediscovered. If it ever happens I’d lay odds it’ll be a trail cam that finds it. Sure they’ve rediscovered a few bits and bobs recently that were presumed extinct? 

I’ll look out for a documentary about it on SKY. I’m a sucker for watching stuff about bigfoot, chupacabra etc., expecting the programme will finish with conclusive proof that they exist. Always feel a bit of a dick when they don’t?

Forest galante has discovered a few species thought extinct. From memory one was a tortoise , a small hippo ? , and a certain type of crocodile . Hes a interesting character forest galante

• Like 1

All I've found, yet, is smoke and mirrors. Bunch of shots slung up, with tons of 'He said / They said'.

Actually discerning anything that directly relates to THE pictures that we're all waiting for?

Fukking try it! I was expecting Mr Han to pop out at any moment.

On 27/02/2021 at 14:20, forest of dean redneck said:

Years ago every rural person could forage or medicate theirselves , from the land.

moochers would go round picking bundles of flowers or herbs and hawk them door to door similar stuff to the Romanys way of life ,once that was lost an people moved to processed an Prepacked foods it all went downhill imho.

People like that we classed as witches.....and hung em here in Lancashire ??

• Haha 1
On 28/02/2021 at 16:47, Welsh_red said:

Forest galante has discovered a few species thought extinct. From memory one was a tortoise , a small hippo ? , and a certain type of crocodile . Hes a interesting character forest galante

That's the fella I was on about earlier. Only watched the Zanzibar leopard one but iirc he essentially got played by a local who promised to show him one in the morning but wanted paying up front, yeah the local wasn't seen again :laugh:, and he built a cage trap out of, best I could figure, f***ing kindling...... to contain a leopard..... :doh:

I'm sure he's a smart bloke but I wasn't overwhelmed with his savvy off the back of that one episode, I was genuinely shocked that he photographed one.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

That's the fella I was on about earlier. Only watched the Zanzibar leopard one but iirc he essentially got played by a local who promised to show him one in the morning but wanted paying up front, yeah the local wasn't seen again :laugh:, and he built a cage trap out of, best I could figure, f***ing kindling...... to contain a leopard..... :doh:

I'm sure he's a smart bloke but I wasn't overwhelmed with his savvy off the back of that one episode, I was genuinely shocked that he photographed one.

As I said mate small island, I don’t consider myself an expert by a long way but many of his antics are laughable, I would not even consider putting cameras out for one night and expect results the next day, it takes a week or two for animals to accept a camera and act normally let alone build a trap from sticks and chicken wire then expect an animal that has managed to evade human contact to just walk in and sit there waiting, trail cams also make a small noise that is almost inaudible to the human ear but I think some animals can here them trigger especially cats and I’ve seen evidence to confirm my suspicions recently, it’s why I keep getting arse end photos???

• Like 1

Thread's run its course / served its purpose, so;

GM, I imagine it's the visible, red lights on my own cam that has my foxes staring straight at it so much? Do you get many foxes? Do they stare at your black light equipped ones?

Much less experience with badgers (Don't target them) but, from what I have seen? They just don't appear to give a fukk about the camera, in any way, shape or form.

19 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Thread's run its course / served its purpose, so;

GM, I imagine it's the visible, red lights on my own cam that has my foxes staring straight at it so much? Do you get many foxes? Do they stare at your black light equipped ones?

Much less experience with badgers (Don't target them) but, from what I have seen? They just don't appear to give a fukk about the camera, in any way, shape or form.

After a fortnight they all ignore them black or red, I think it’s something new, our smell or whatever, when you first start it’s natural to want to check them daily but the longer you leave them untouched the better the results I have had a few I set low attacked by badgers one even ripped off the fence post I attached it to, believe it or not a mate I know caught a young puma ( confirmed by an expert from Africa) on one recently, the camera had been out for months and everything was walking past taking no notice, the cat however does a 360 and shoots off the way it came as soon as the camera triggered got a burst of 3 photos of it as it goes, but like I said I think they hear the click as it triggers ??

11572D6B-F7E5-4951-93D3-A617803ADB18.jpeg

EBEACFA8-693C-4EE7-B33D-5F54C31214EE.jpeg

D0DE2647-85B6-41FF-9783-17CE577D5647.jpeg

C9E5B96D-5982-4ACD-97E9-E89A128E7E98.jpeg

Edited by Greyman