Any body into Heraldry

Found this wood plaque 40 old years ago when I was knock a building down, it's about 9 inches by 6.5 inches. Every now and again I find it at the back of a cupboard and end up trying to solve the Family Heraldry it is. I thought the Motto would be enough "Tout ou Rien" which means ( All or Nothing). Adams came up having that motto in this country and think it was Gundulic Family in Europe. The shield is quartered the top left a cross it could be Adams and that would fit with the motto, but also Villiers and Bigod could be possible. Bottom Left could be de Bermingham (Birmingham). Bottom right maybe Ayala or Lopez (Spanish). Top right no real clues if it's Spanish as well maybe Martinez. Up in the top right you can see two things that look like bridges that sign means 'first born" the four round thing are I think Crescents if you look closely which mean "second born"

Now there was a Blount that married a Ayala quite famous be nice if that was in it.

I theory should be able to get the colours from the way its carved.

IMG_2964.JPG.3606c949d13184d507e0b35d36ed9c37.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG.ba503e68af75dd1e1b8a57dd02c98783.JPG

f5a8e6d40e6857e70b9e244d650f1539.thumb.gif.e3b9d32ec63f64a3a1c3f1310885ad05.gif

b7e9031381d596d04573867a46f41229.gif.aa1c0474a2d43460f98e8f605285b0f8.gif

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

My line comes from Viking, through Norman to Ireland then England.

No scots as far as I can find, yet we have an official tartan !

We also have a crest,  which is quite nice, containing three owls.

Nothing posh or fancy, most surnames can be traced way back.

Tracing your actual family is a lot harder.

Cheers.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My line comes from Viking, through Norman to Ireland then England.

No scots as far as I can find, yet we have an official tartan !

We also have a crest,  which is quite nice, containing three owls.

Nothing posh or fancy, most surnames can be traced way back.

Tracing your actual family is a lot harder.

Cheers.

Believe it or not my family owned half of Essex there are places in Romford that still have my family name and I have been told that should I care to enquire I possibly have some form of title even today ?? p,s that’s a lovely piece Harry and be nice if there are members of the family still around today ???

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Believe it or not my family owned half of Essex there are places in Romford that still have my family name and I have been told that should I care to enquire I possibly have some form of title even today ?? p,s that’s a lovely piece Harry and be nice if there are members of the family still around today ???

Lord Panthera of Parkston has a nice ring to it ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Just can't link any thing together on it. Got it out of the cupboard again the other day when it was pissed down for a few days and got right sucked in researching. The only English crest I can find with the two wolfs in it is Walter Blount that married Sancha de Ayala in 1374. Also Sir John Dudley who is a descendent of Blount. Doing my head in now Lol.

1003326964_Coat_of_Arms_of_Sir_Walter_Blount_1st_Baron_Mountjoy_KG.png.87fad324f2820e62dfb51e6cfd89ba96.png

images.jpeg.83b0c0ff89ba0f4903fc4bbf9e4332a0.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arry said:

Found this wood plaque 40 old years ago when I was knock a building down, it's about 9 inches by 6.5 inches. Every now and again I find it at the back of a cupboard and end up trying to solve the Family Heraldry it is. I thought the Motto would be enough "Tout ou Rien" which means ( All or Nothing). Adams came up having that motto in this country and think it was Gundulic Family in Europe. The shield is quartered the top left a cross it could be Adams and that would fit with the motto, but also Villiers and Bigod could be possible. Bottom Left could be de Bermingham (Birmingham). Bottom right maybe Ayala or Lopez (Spanish). Top right no real clues if it's Spanish as well maybe Martinez. Up in the top right you can see two things that look like bridges that sign means 'first born" the four round thing are I think Crescents if you look closely which mean "second born"

Now there was a Blount that married a Ayala quite famous be nice if that was in it.

I theory should be able to get the colours from the way its carved.

IMG_2964.JPG.3606c949d13184d507e0b35d36ed9c37.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG.ba503e68af75dd1e1b8a57dd02c98783.JPG

f5a8e6d40e6857e70b9e244d650f1539.thumb.gif.e3b9d32ec63f64a3a1c3f1310885ad05.gif

b7e9031381d596d04573867a46f41229.gif.aa1c0474a2d43460f98e8f605285b0f8.gif

Cheers Arry

All or nothing? My French is very rusty. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, sid g said:

not french arry ? 

No idea really mate bit bamboozled. Every now and again I have a little go at researching it, seem to get a little clue here and there but can never seem to tie it together. It's all very interesting though was hoping somebody like you D might know. Lol.

I know the bloke the originally owned the old building got lots of stuff from Churches and I just presumed it came from one of them.

Cheers Arry