Vintage .22lr @100yd

There was nothing wrong with BSA GUNS AND barrels.  Target or sporting. Their barrels were better than Anschutz.  I've got both BSA  and Anschutz target rifles and both will punch very tight groups at 100 mtrs.  It takes a bit of allowance for bullet drop and attention to the wind pulses.  My 22 sporting rifle is an old BSA with a lightweight sportier barrel probably from the 1950s. I have modified the gun somewhat but essentially It is still reasonably as it was when made.  Although it is old, not fashionable it is supremely accurate and as far as I'm  concerned that more important than looking flashy with a telescope like a dustbin and lots of big twiddle wheels and dials. I am confident taking headshots on rabbits out to about eighty paces Free hand so it don't perform too bad.

21 hours ago, Meece said:

There was nothing wrong with BSA GUNS AND barrels.  Target or sporting. Their barrels were better than Anschutz.  I've got both BSA  and Anschutz target rifles and both will punch very tight groups at 100 mtrs.  It takes a bit of allowance for bullet drop and attention to the wind pulses.  My 22 sporting rifle is an old BSA with a lightweight sportier barrel probably from the 1950s. I have modified the gun somewhat but essentially It is still reasonably as it was when made.  Although it is old, not fashionable it is supremely accurate and as far as I'm  concerned that more important than looking flashy with a telescope like a dustbin and lots of big twiddle wheels and dials. I am confident taking headshots on rabbits out to about eighty paces Free hand so it don't perform too bad.

I know the bsa’s are accurate, I used to shoot them regularly. The sportsman’s were excellent little rifles??

On 22/02/2021 at 10:44, Dervburner said:

Nice bit of plinking wolfie, it’s nice to use open sights, makes a change from scopes. A pal of mine has an old bsa .22 target rifle and it’s bang on at fifty yards?

It is a nice change up ! Worst part though is when you can hit the target better with iorns than a 14x scope it makes you wonder ??

• Haha 1