Why dont we do a largest hob competition for a bit of fun

all the pics are on my phone bit poor but the measure says 2foot 1cm long i will get a weaight later as i need a hand he getsa bit fiestiy

3lb 14oz

Im not surprised the way you have him pinned to the wall, you aint a copper are you

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-13507-1200398967_thumb.jpgpost-13507-1200398993_thumb.jpg

Heres mine a fair lad but not the biggest, but im sure its not how big it is its what you do with it that counts!! or is that something else??

Stubby yours has had its weetabix then? what you feeding him? sheep!?!

Edited by moxy

post-5267-1200651121_thumb.jpgpost-5267-1200651064.jpgwell, the two biggest brothers in the court, have gone in for the snip today, and of course they got weighed on those big acurate vet scales

MANKY the smaller brother,(polecat) came in at 2.20kg

SMUDGER the bigger (silver) came in at 2.35kg

dunno how to convert that to LBS, but bloody heavy

well, they are both home ok, but the vet has said to keep them seperated for a few days, as they have stiches etc, also said the pair of them are well overweight, so prob best if i keep them seperate to allow me to give them measured amounts of food, rather than in the ferret court where they take what they want (dominance)

so, question, do i carry on feeding rabbit, or switch to dry (calm down ditch) just while they are on their diet

question, anyone know in weight how much feed should be given per day to a fert?

Get the feckers out working stubby and as for the food 1or 2 days with out won`t hurt them. if it`s meat you feed them cut it down to 1 portion 1s a day if dry a little hand full 1s a day as well. When there working they`ll sharp lose the weight. Lack of exercise and i`m not saying they don`t get it with overfeed then they will put on weight. My hob was over weight so what i did was put the bait in let the jill get her fill then stick him in and he had what was left he soon lost the flab. All the best FV :good:

well, they are both home ok, but the vet has said to keep them seperated for a few days, as they have stiches etc, also said the pair of them are well overweight, so prob best if i keep them seperate to allow me to give them measured amounts of food, rather than in the ferret court where they take what they want (dominance)

so, question, do i carry on feeding rabbit, or switch to dry (calm down ditch) just while they are on their diet

question, anyone know in weight how much feed should be given per day to a fert?

vet told us our working hob needed about 10% body weight during the working season and 7% if just lazin around...

and the jills needed 7% and 5% respectively

I was told years ago that about 1 rabbit head for two ferrets for two days was about right...........It hasn't let me down, none of mine are ever overweight, i do feed a bit more during the winter as they are working and its colder and they use energy staying warm.

with the hoblets (vasectomised hobs) you will see they lose a lot of weight during the summer when the jills are in season :yes::icon_redface: i tried to get the wife to let me on the same diet as i am sure mating 7 jills is why my hoblet stays slim during the summer! :D

obviously with other feeds (dry etc...) you have to estimate and work it out

MY ERIK FERERT HAS JUST HAD HIS HE WAS FINE I JUST KEPT HIM IN HIS SHED FOR THE NIGHT IN A HUTCH SO HE COULD SEE TEH OTHERS BUT COULDENT GET WITH THEM THEN LET HIM GO WITH TEHM THE NEXT DAY HE WAS FINE AND HE HAD A SHAVED TUMMY :) LOL HE HAD HIS STICHES TAKEN OUT TODAY

was told mine have dissolvable stiches, thought it would be a bit tricky taking stiches out with a wriggling ferret unless a sedative was given,

as mine are in a court system, there was no way of controlling the food intake of each ferret, so am going to keep them together in a breeding pen for a week or two

MY ERIK FERERT HAS JUST HAD HIS HE WAS FINE I JUST KEPT HIM IN HIS SHED FOR THE NIGHT IN A HUTCH SO HE COULD SEE TEH OTHERS BUT COULDENT GET WITH THEM THEN LET HIM GO WITH TEHM THE NEXT DAY HE WAS FINE AND HE HAD A SHAVED TUMMY :) LOL HE HAD HIS STICHES TAKEN OUT TODAY

was told mine have dissolvable stiches, thought it would be a bit tricky taking stiches out with a wriggling ferret unless a sedative was given,

as mine are in a court system, there was no way of controlling the food intake of each ferret, so am going to keep them together in a breeding pen for a week or two

Were they born this year mate? I find some ferrets put a lot of food away and put the weight on to get them through their first winter like they would in the wild if the opportunity arose, next year they might not be so bad. Like when kits have a big fluffy coat but not as much in their second winter.