Bigland boy non ped whippet

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Actually watched them racing, somewhere in sweden I think, a little while ago on you tube. My youngest lad had been watching them, and called me in to watch them with him lol.

Mate o me old man had 1 it caught good few rabbits 

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone here ever have a pup out of him, I had a dog from him and a pedigree whippet bitch. Was a great dog came just under 25tts and 47lb, killed loads of foxes, loved the cwd and would kill a hare in

This little non-ped races at 12 lb, yes, TWELVE POUND ! Others in his litter ran at 40 odd pound. There's a lot of greyhound in his line. Size is a bit of a lottery when breeding

Got 2 granddaughters out of him ours got bedlington in them too too small for any thing but rabbits tbh though forgot to say ours are 19tts and 22 and 24 pound in weight have more fire in there belly

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Mate o me old man had 1 it caught good few rabbits 

I've only ever seen two of them, brother and sister. Owned by an elderly couple that I used to live near to years ago. Nice, friendly little dogs, but just a tad wary and shy ?

On 22/02/2021 at 05:12, shaaark said:

Yeah, I get that there'd be different sizes amongst the pups, but 12lb?! How does a dog that has whippet and greyhound in it, only end up less than half the weight of an average sized whippet bitch? Can't understand that.

Not puting shit on it but it looks runty as well as small.

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Not puting shit on it but it looks runty as well as small.

If you think of "runt" as being considerably smaller than the rest of the litter, then you could be right, but if you consider a "runt" to be weak and not fully formed, then you'd be wrong in this case.

FullSizeRender.jpg.38401beddc391074f3d865edc51fb3cc.jpg

It's wearing the red collar in this pic, signifying it's the scratch dog in the race. I watched it give start to ped whippets, literally twice its size, and beat them.

I had my hands on the dog, and yes it's small, but nothing "runty" about it.

A one off, a freak of nature ? 

Cheers.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

If you think of "runt" as being considerably smaller than the rest of the litter, then you could be right, but if you consider a "runt" to be weak and not fully formed, then you'd be wrong in this case.

It's wearing the red collar in this pic, signifying it's the scratch dog in the race. I watched it give start to ped whippets, literally twice its size, and beat them.

Cheers.

25 minutes ago, TOMO said:

looks bigger than 12 pound that....how tall is it at the shoulder??

my pups at 10 week old when they had first vaccination weighed 6 killo...

I don't know how tall it is TOMO, but I can guarantee it races at 12lb.

The BWRA are very strict when weighing in the dogs.

I may be wrong, I haven't raced for years, but I think you're allowed 1/4lb either way.

Cheers.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

I think it's probably hard to grasp how strong these little dogs are chats for people who haven't seen one in the flesh and running..definetly not a one off or a freak ,just selectively bred..fact is that dog would flat line the vast majority of under 23 lurchers aswell..

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I don't know how tall it is TOMO, but I can guarantee it races at 12lb.

The BWRA are very strict when weighing in the dogs.

I may be wrong, I haven't raced for years, but I think you're allowed 1/4lb either way.

Cheers.

i would asume its only 15 inch or so to be that light

• Like 1
1 minute ago, northern lad said:

I think it's probably hard to grasp how strong these little dogs are chats for people who haven't seen one in the flesh and running..definetly not a one off or a freak ,just selectively bred..fact is that dog would flat line the vast majority of under 23 lurchers aswell..

I agree, mate.

The "holy grail" of non-ped breeding is to get the size of a whippet, and the speed of a greyhound.

And some have got damn close.

I remember back in the 60's and 70's when first crosses were really popular, the small ones down south were kept for the yards for pound racing, and the big 'uns were sent up here where yards for pound wasn't that popular and we were more into time handicapping and scratch racing.

Cheers.

• Like 3