Bigland boy non ped whippet

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone here ever have a pup out of him, I had a dog from him and a pedigree whippet bitch. Was a great dog came just under 25tts and 47lb, killed loads of foxes, loved the cwd and would kill a hare in

This little non-ped races at 12 lb, yes, TWELVE POUND ! Others in his litter ran at 40 odd pound. There's a lot of greyhound in his line. Size is a bit of a lottery when breeding

Got 2 granddaughters out of him ours got bedlington in them too too small for any thing but rabbits tbh though forgot to say ours are 19tts and 22 and 24 pound in weight have more fire in there belly

Posted Images

Just now, Westy76 said:

That’s him,lamping and ferreted a lot with him years ago 

OK thanks mate is he on here?

18 minutes ago, Westy76 said:

Pretty sure blackstaffs bull whippets are out of him 

Does blackstaffs to photography? I remember when he mated Fred (bigland boy) to a staff alright 

22 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Yeah but Dave had he's daughter and belly sister bigland vixen I think Dave has a son out of bigland vixen and from what I know he's line bred

From what I understand is Bigland Boy and Vixen were sired by Snow Fox.

Then Bigland Vixen was mated, twice, to Blue Reflections, a grandson of Snow Fox.

I don't know if the line is still going.

Cheers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

This little non-ped races at 12 lb, yes, TWELVE POUND !

FullSizeRender.jpg.2b6e81a34bde1e24edd9ede9170753ea.jpg

Others in his litter ran at 40 odd pound.

There's a lot of greyhound in his line.

Size is a bit of a lottery when breeding non-peds.

Cheers.

See, I don't understand this non ped stuff. How can a dog that has both whippet and greyhound in it end up so small?! 

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

This little non-ped races at 12 lb, yes, TWELVE POUND !

FullSizeRender.jpg.2b6e81a34bde1e24edd9ede9170753ea.jpg

Others in his litter ran at 40 odd pound.

There's a lot of greyhound in his line.

Size is a bit of a lottery when breeding non-peds.

Cheers.

See, I don't understand this non ped stuff. How can a dog that has both whippet and greyhound in it end up so small?! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

A lot of none peds are more whippet than greyhound mate there not just half breds 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Some have a lot more greyhound in than others...put a small non ped to a small non ped,the pups will be reasonably small..put a small non ped to s greyhound you can get 50/60 lb,ers.

• Like 2
Just now, northern lad said:

Some have a lot more greyhound in than others...put a small non ped to a small non ped,the pups will be reasonably small..put a small non ped to s greyhound you can get 50/60 lb,ers.

Yeah, I get that there'd be different sizes amongst the pups, but 12lb?! How does a dog that has whippet and greyhound in it, only end up less than half the weight of an average sized whippet bitch? Can't understand that.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, northern lad said:

Yeah they do bigland boy was mated to a greyhound so pups was basically 3/4 greyhound, baghera was out of that litter was race champion but looked like a 55lb greyhound

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yeah, I get that there'd be different sizes amongst the pups, but 12lb?! How does a dog that has whippet and greyhound in it, only end up less than half the weight of an average sized whippet bitch? Can't understand that.

12lb is really small,I wouldnt have thought there was many that size..but put it to say an 18lber,you'll get more smaller pups..I get what you're saying ,but it's just selectively breeding the smallest dogs..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Black neck said:

Some have Italian greyhound in the lines and race at several ounces

Actually watched them racing, somewhere in sweden I think, a little while ago on you tube. My youngest lad had been watching them, and called me in to watch them with him lol.