Bigland boy non ped whippet

Anyone here ever have a pup out of him, I had a dog from him and a pedigree whippet bitch. Was a great dog came just under 25tts and 47lb, killed loads of foxes, loved the cwd and would kill a hare in mid winter and often showed lurchers up twice he's size around a hole and loved to have a scrap in a trap. This was him at around 2

post-23418-1239982133.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone here ever have a pup out of him, I had a dog from him and a pedigree whippet bitch. Was a great dog came just under 25tts and 47lb, killed loads of foxes, loved the cwd and would kill a hare in

This little non-ped races at 12 lb, yes, TWELVE POUND ! Others in his litter ran at 40 odd pound. There's a lot of greyhound in his line. Size is a bit of a lottery when breeding

Got 2 granddaughters out of him ours got bedlington in them too too small for any thing but rabbits tbh though forgot to say ours are 19tts and 22 and 24 pound in weight have more fire in there belly

Posted Images

Got 2 granddaughters out of him ours got bedlington in them too too small for any thing but rabbits tbh though forgot to say ours are 19tts and 22 and 24 pound in weight have more fire in there belly than a lot of big dogs I seen work 

Screenshot_20200709-211949_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by claude
  • Like 7

I wouldn't mind getting something out of bigland lines again had some sport with my fella. Bred him once to a saluki greyhound but wasnt into hares to get runs was to far to travel and was getting more into just foxes and never took a pup and he must of had low sperm count cause I bred him to Wheaton x twice and a 3/4 deerhound bitch once and my brothers grew and neither of them went into pup 

28 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

I wouldn't mind getting something out of bigland lines again had some sport with my fella. Bred him once to a saluki greyhound but wasnt into hares to get runs was to far to travel and was getting more into just foxes and never took a pup and he must of had low sperm count cause I bred him to Wheaton x twice and a 3/4 deerhound bitch once and my brothers grew and neither of them went into pup 

Would be very diluted blood now I believe as hes been gone a while there was a few dogs about from him but I'm not sure where they are now 

Edited by claude
12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

This little non-ped races at 12 lb, yes, TWELVE POUND !

FullSizeRender.jpg.2b6e81a34bde1e24edd9ede9170753ea.jpg

Others in his litter ran at 40 odd pound.

There's a lot of greyhound in his line.

Size is a bit of a lottery when breeding non-peds.

Cheers.

Lady thats got him has got and had some good stuff 

Edited by claude
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, northern lad said:

Does this dog still race Charts?

I was told about It by friends of mine, and  it races at Westerhope Whippets, just a mile or two from my house, so I had a walk up there and met the owner and the dog, I video'd it racing and beating ped whippets over twice its size. That was about a year ago. It was three then, so I guess it's still racing.

I was impressed with the gutsy little thing !

Cheers.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, claude said:

Would be very diluted blood now I believe as hes been gone a while there was a few dogs about from him but I'm not sure where they are now 

Yeah but Dave had he's daughter and belly sister bigland vixen I think Dave has a son out of bigland vixen and from what I know he's line bred

• Like 1