Breeding

i would leave it a few more weeks before you breed her.....if you do it now kits will be born first week in april....

for me personally i think the beginning of may is early enough....we could still have a very cold spell or snow in early april ....and just leave her in with the hob for a week  

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Jacksconeycatchers said:

All info is good info. I decided just to get it over with give her a week with the hob then house on her own. Cheers netmaker. Iv also just had a friend tell me that my jill can not produce young there first time in season no Jill can. All I'm doing with my hob is bringing her out of season this time around. 

not true

• Like 2

My little female milly is 17 months old and she went into season at around 12 months old I bred her and she had a litter of 7 I was lucky to find another person who had a male that I could bread her with at the time due to coved at the time as I was only able to travel 5 KM radius from home. Being told a ferrets first time being in season will not have young ones I find it hard to believe. I am 50 years of age I don’t know everything about ferrets but as growing up with my farther we had ferrets he always stressed with the ferrets we had as they were all Jill’s and if they’re weren’t bread they will not cope and the ending was not good for them.  If anyone is going to take on an animal they NEED to DO their home work first   You are on a good web site ask questions and learn I have being in the sport for a long time and still learning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1